← F&N Chap 3&4 Test
6 Written Questions
6 Multiple Choice Questions
- effect drug has on the way body absorbs / uses nutrients / effect food has on a way body absorbs / uses drugs
- A rapid period of growth, usually linked with adolescence, occurs about 2 years earlier in girls
- - replaces MyPryamid as 2011 new guide
- Food group system
- Shows amounts for each food group
- Make half your plate fruits and vegetables
- Make half of your grains whole grains
- Switch to fat-free or low-fat (1%) milk
- A diet built partly or entirely on plant foods.
- all the food and drink a person regularly consumes
- When calories consumed equal calories burned
6 True/False Questions
FOOD ALLERGY → A negative reaction to food that doesn't involve the immune system.
FOOD INTOLERANCE → involves a response of the body's immune system to a food protein
DIETARY GUIDELINES FOR AMERICANS → a set of guidelines about food choices developed by the United States government
FITNESS → all the food and drink a person regularly consumes
DIETARY REFERENCE INTAKES (DRIs) → a set of nutrient intake values for healthy people in the U.S. and Canada. Used for planning and assessing diets.
PROCESSED FOOD → Food that has been altered from its natural state by drying, freezing, boiling, canning, or other procedures.