6 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- a unit of the energy supplied by food
- A negative reaction to food that doesn't involve the immune system.
- - replaces MyPryamid as 2011 new guide
- Food group system
- Shows amounts for each food group
- Make half your plate fruits and vegetables
- Make half of your grains whole grains
- Switch to fat-free or low-fat (1%) milk
- A rapid period of growth, usually linked with adolescence, occurs about 2 years earlier in girls
- A diet built partly or entirely on plant foods.
- foods high in nutrients but low in calories
6 True/False questions
DIETARY GUIDELINES FOR AMERICANS → a set of nutrient intake values for healthy people in the U.S. and Canada. Used for planning and assessing diets.
PROCESSED FOOD → the body's ability to meet physical demands
DIET → the body's ability to meet physical demands
MEDICAL NUTRITION THERAPY (MNT) → a health care strategy that helps people learn to use their eating habits as part of their treatment
DIETARY REFERENCE INTAKES (DRIs) → a set of guidelines about food choices developed by the United States government
CARDIOVASCULAR HEALTH → a unit of the energy supplied by food