← Sociology Test 1 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- social control
- primary group
- role conflict
- role exit
- a Established standards of behavior maintained by a society.
- b The techniques and strategies for preventing deviant human behavior in any society.
- c The process of disengagement from a role that is central to one's self-identity and reestablishment of an identity in a new role
- d A small group characterized by intimate, face-to-face association and cooperation.
- e Difficulties that occur when incompatible expectations arise from two or more social positions held by the same person
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- A social position attained by a person largely through his or her own efforts.
- The viewing of people's behavior from the perspective of their own culture.
- Difficulties that result from the differing demands and expectations associated with the same social position
5 True/False Questions
latent function → Open, stated, and conscious functions.
ascribed status → A social position "assigned" to a person by society without regard for the person's unique talents or characteristics.
functionalist perspective → A sociological approach that assumes that social behavior is best understood in terms of conflict or tension between competing groups.
sociological imagination → Organized patterns of beliefs and behavior centered on basic social needs.
impression management → ...