5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Which of the following best describes an ink wash?
- Copying permits the artist to, in a sense, retrace another artist's steps from ________ to completion.
- In most cases, drawing is the most direct way of bringing what is in the artist's ________ to the artist's surface
- With this drawing implement, lines are barely visible when first made, but become darker as the drawing ages.
- This drawing material moves easily over a support to form lines that have sheen.
- a Diluted ink that is usually applied with a brush
- b mind
- c wax crayon
- d silverpoint
- e conception
5 Multiple choice questions
- a quill
- full-scale preliminary drawings for larger scale works such as fresco paintings
5 True/False questions
The oldest known type of ink is India or China ink. It is a solution of ________. → carbon black and water
With this drawing implement, the artist draws by dragging a silver-tipped implement over a surface coated with a ground of bone dust or chalk mixed with gum, water, and pigment. → silverpoint
This medium is capable of combining the gestural vitality of the pen line with a watery quality. → wide
While this medium can duplicate the linearity of brush-and-ink drawings, it can also be used to create images solely through tonal contrasts. → brush and wash
The masters of brush-and-ink are artists of ________. → Japan