← ART 110 chapter 5 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Copying permits the artist to, in a sense, retrace another artist's steps from ________ to completion.
- While this medium can duplicate the linearity of brush-and-ink drawings, it can also be used to create images solely through tonal contrasts.
- Today the word "cartoon" usually means a humorous or satirical picture; originally the word referred to ________.
- A kind of pen that became popular during the Middle Ages was ________.
- The controlled charring of special hard woods forms this drawing material.
- a a quill
- b conception
- c brush and wash
- d full-scale preliminary drawings for larger scale works such as fresco paintings
- e charcoal
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- pen and wash
5 True/False Questions
In most cases, drawing is the most direct way of bringing what is in the artist's ________ to the artist's surface → conception
This fluid drawing tool comes in a wide variety of materials, textures, and shapes and affords many effects. → brush
Artists capitalize on the idiosyncratic characteristics of the ________ and support to capture a desired expression in drawing. → implement
A drawing implement that came into use in the 1500s and largely replaced silverpoint was: → pencil
With this drawing implement, the artist draws by dragging a silver-tipped implement over a surface coated with a ground of bone dust or chalk mixed with gum, water, and pigment. → silverpoint