5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Pencil is capable of producing a ________ range of effects
- A kind of pen that became popular during the Middle Ages was ________.
- Which of the following best describes an ink wash?
- This fluid drawing tool comes in a wide variety of materials, textures, and shapes and affords many effects.
- Today the word "cartoon" usually means a humorous or satirical picture; originally the word referred to ________.
- a a quill
- b brush
- c Diluted ink that is usually applied with a brush
- d wide
- e full-scale preliminary drawings for larger scale works such as fresco paintings
5 Multiple choice questions
- pen and wash
5 True/False questions
The most basic of the two-dimensional art forms is ________. → drawing
Copying permits the artist to, in a sense, retrace another artist's steps from ________ to completion. → conception
This drawing device is composed of a thin rod of graphite encased within wood or paper. → wax crayon
Conté is one of the most popular forms of this material. → crayon
The controlled charring of special hard woods forms this drawing material. → crayon