5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- This medium is capable of combining the gestural vitality of the pen line with a watery quality.
- Copying permits the artist to, in a sense, retrace another artist's steps from ________ to completion.
- With this drawing implement, lines are barely visible when first made, but become darker as the drawing ages.
- In most cases, drawing is the most direct way of bringing what is in the artist's ________ to the artist's surface
- A drawing implement that came into use in the 1500s and largely replaced silverpoint was:
- a mind
- b conception
- c pen and wash
- d pencil
- e silverpoint
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- wax crayon
5 True/False Questions
This fluid drawing tool comes in a wide variety of materials, textures, and shapes and affords many effects. → wax crayon
Conté is one of the most popular forms of this material. → crayon
While this medium can duplicate the linearity of brush-and-ink drawings, it can also be used to create images solely through tonal contrasts. → Japan
The oldest known type of ink is India or China ink. It is a solution of ________. → Japan
The controlled charring of special hard woods forms this drawing material. → charcoal