5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- A drawing implement that came into use in the 1500s and largely replaced silverpoint was:
- The controlled charring of special hard woods forms this drawing material.
- Today the word "cartoon" usually means a humorous or satirical picture; originally the word referred to ________.
- Conté is one of the most popular forms of this material.
- ________ allows for little or no correction.
- a charcoal
- b silverpoint
- c crayon
- d full-scale preliminary drawings for larger scale works such as fresco paintings
- e pencil
5 Multiple choice questions
5 True/False questions
Artists capitalize on the idiosyncratic characteristics of the ________ and support to capture a desired expression in drawing. → Japan
Copying permits the artist to, in a sense, retrace another artist's steps from ________ to completion. → mind
With this drawing implement, the artist draws by dragging a silver-tipped implement over a surface coated with a ground of bone dust or chalk mixed with gum, water, and pigment. → pencil
While this medium can duplicate the linearity of brush-and-ink drawings, it can also be used to create images solely through tonal contrasts. → brush and wash
This drawing material moves easily over a support to form lines that have sheen. → wax crayon