5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Which of the following best describes an ink wash?
- With this drawing implement, the artist draws by dragging a silver-tipped implement over a surface coated with a ground of bone dust or chalk mixed with gum, water, and pigment.
- The masters of brush-and-ink are artists of ________.
- The oldest known type of ink is India or China ink. It is a solution of ________.
- This fluid drawing tool comes in a wide variety of materials, textures, and shapes and affords many effects.
- a carbon black and water
- b Diluted ink that is usually applied with a brush
- c brush
- d silverpoint
- e Japan
5 Multiple choice questions
- a quill
5 True/False questions
Wax crayons, like pastels, combine ground pigment with a ________; in this case, wax. → binder
Artists capitalize on the idiosyncratic characteristics of the ________ and support to capture a desired expression in drawing. → implement
The controlled charring of special hard woods forms this drawing material. → crayon
Conté is one of the most popular forms of this material. → crayon
Today the word "cartoon" usually means a humorous or satirical picture; originally the word referred to ________. → full-scale preliminary drawings for larger scale works such as fresco paintings