5 Written questions
4 Matching questions
- This medium is capable of combining the gestural vitality of the pen line with a watery quality.
- With this drawing implement, the artist draws by dragging a silver-tipped implement over a surface coated with a ground of bone dust or chalk mixed with gum, water, and pigment.
- The controlled charring of special hard woods forms this drawing material.
- This drawing material moves easily over a support to form lines that have sheen.
- a pen and wash
- b charcoal
- c silverpoint
- d wax crayon
5 Multiple choice questions
- brush and wash
- Diluted ink that is usually applied with a brush
5 True/False questions
The oldest known type of ink is India or China ink. It is a solution of ________. → carbon black and water
The most basic of the two-dimensional art forms is ________. → drawing
This fluid drawing tool comes in a wide variety of materials, textures, and shapes and affords many effects. → wax crayon
In most cases, drawing is the most direct way of bringing what is in the artist's ________ to the artist's surface → mind
Copying permits the artist to, in a sense, retrace another artist's steps from ________ to completion. → conception