5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- theoretical yield
- saturated solution
- a A solution containing dissolved solute in equilibrium with undissolved solute.
- b Mater without a uniform composition-- having two or more components or phases.
- c A tiny packet of energy that streams with others of its kind to produce a beam of light.
- d A homogeneous part of a system separated from the other parts by a physical boundary.
- e The maximum amount of product that can be produced according to a balanced equation.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The pressure exerted by a vapor in equilibrium with its liquid.
- Small discrete increments of energy.
- A reactant the limits the amount of product formed by running out first in a chemical reaction.
- A state of matter having a definite shape and a definite volume, whose particles cohere rigidly to one another, so it can be independent of its container.
- A substance that evaporates readily; a liquid with a high vapor pressure and a low boiling point.
5 True/False Questions
surface tension → An electron in the outermost energy level of a atom; these electrons are the ones involved in bonding atoms together to form compounds.
percent composition of a compound → The mass percent represented by each element in the compound.
physical change → A change in form without change in composition.
Gay-Lussac's law → A change in form without change in composition.
liter (L) → SI unit of volume.