5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- vapor-pressure curve
- trigonal planar
- transition elements
- a The metallic elements characterized by increasing numbers of d and f electrons. These elements are located in Groups IB - VIIB and in Group VII of the periodic table.
- b A chemical substance produced from the reactants by a chemical change.
- c Evaporation.
- d A graph generated by plotting the temperature of a liquid on the x-axis and its vapor pressure on the y-axis. Any point on the curve represents an equilibrium between the vapor and the liquid.
- e An arrangement of atoms in the VSEPR model where the three pairs of electrons are placed 120 degrees apart on a flat plane.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The grams of solute in 100 g of a solution.
- Number that appears below the line and to the right of a symbol of an element.
- A state of matter in which the particles move about freely while the substance retains a definite volume; thus, liquids flow and take the shape of their containers.
- A positively or negatively charged atom or group of atoms.
- The ability of a solute to dissolve in a solvent.
5 True/False questions
perfect gas → The quantity of heat required to change the temperature of 1g of any substance by 1 degree C.
reactant → A chemical substance entering into a chemical reaction.
specific heat → The ratio of the density of one substance to the density of another substance taken as a standard. Water is usually the standard for liquids and solids; air, for gases.
stoichiometry → The area of chemistry that deals with the quantitative relationships among reactants and products in a chemical reaction.
volume percent (solution) → The volume of solute in 100 mL of solution.