5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- percent yield
- a A system of a solvent and one or more solutes homogeneously mixed.
- b The percent of the theoretical yield that the actual yield was.
- c The number of moles of solute per liter of solution.
- d Mater without a uniform composition-- having two or more components or phases.
- e An element that is solid at room temperature and whose properties include luster, ductility malleability, and good conductivity of heat and electricity. They tend to lose their valence electrons and become positive ions.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- An agreed upon system of measurements by scientists.
- Stored energy, or the energy of an object due to its relative position.
- The area of chemistry that deals with the quantitative relationships among reactants and products in a chemical reaction.
- Number that appears below the line and to the right of a symbol of an element.
- The volume of solute in 100 mL of solution.
5 True/False Questions
surface tension → The resistance in a liquid to increase its surface area.
physical states of matter → Inherent physical properties of a substance that can be determined without altering its composition: color, taste, odor, state of matter, density, melting point, boiling point.
torr → A positively or negatively charged atom or group of atoms.
Gay-Lussac's law → The resistance in a liquid to increase its surface area.
valence electron → Colored lines generated when light emitted by a gas is passed through a spectroscope. Each element is unique.