5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- specific heat
- STP (Standard Temperature and Pressure)
- a The quantity of heat required to change the temperature of 1g of any substance by 1 degree C.
- b The number of moles of solute per liter of solution.
- c 0 degrees C (273 K) and 1 atm (760 torr).
- d A state of matter having a definite shape and a definite volume, whose particles cohere rigidly to one another, so it can be independent of its container.
- e A measure of the intensity of heat, or of how hot or cold a system is; SI unit is the kelvin (K).
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The amount of space occupied by matter; measured in liters and milliliters.
- An atom of an element that has the same atomic number but different atomic mass.
- A reactant the limits the amount of product formed by running out first in a chemical reaction.
- A chemical substance produced from the reactants by a chemical change.
- Number that appears below the line and to the right of a symbol of an element.
5 True/False Questions
periodic table → The horizontal groupings (rows) of elements in the periodic table.
period → A subatomic particle found in the nucleus of the atom that caries a positive electrical charge and a mass of about 1 amu.
parts per million → Evaporation.
principal energy levels of electrons → Existing within the atom, these energy levels contain orbitals within which electrons are found.
solution → A system of a solvent and one or more solutes homogeneously mixed.