5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- molar solution
- volume percent (solution)
- law of multiple proportions
- a The volume of solute in 100 mL of solution.
- b Mater without a uniform composition-- having two or more components or phases.
- c A solution with one mole of solute per mole of solution.
- d Mater that has uniform properties throughout.
- e Atoms of two or more elements may combine in different ratios to produce more than one compound.
5 Multiple choice questions
- An atom of an element that has the same atomic number but different atomic mass.
- A solid that contains water molecules as part of its crystalline structure.
- Small discrete increments of energy.
- An agreed upon system of measurements by scientists.
- The ability of a solute to dissolve in a solvent.
5 True/False questions
hydrogen bond → The intermolecular force between bonded hydrogens.
reactant → A chemical substance entering into a chemical reaction.
VSEPR → Valence-shell electron-pair repulsion; a simple model for predicting the shapes of molecules.
Gay-Lussac's law → The shape of the surface of a liquid when placed in a glass cylinder.
mixture → A unit of pressure (1 torr = 1 mm Hg).