5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- volume percent (solution)
- periodic table
- Graham's law of effusion
- molar volume (of a gas)
- a The rates of effusion of two gases at the same temperature and pressure are inversely proportional to the square roots of their densities or molar masses.
- b The volume of 1 mole of a gas at STP equals 22.4 L/mol.
- c The volume of solute in 100 mL of solution.
- d A state of matter having a definite shape and a definite volume, whose particles cohere rigidly to one another, so it can be independent of its container.
- e An arrangement of the elements according to their atomic numbers. The table consists of horizontal rows, or periods, and vertical columns, or families, of elements. Each period ends with a noble gas.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- A solution with one mole of solute per mole of solution.
- The metallic elements characterized by increasing numbers of d and f electrons. These elements are located in Groups IB - VIIB and in Group VII of the periodic table.
- In the VSEPR model, an arrangement where the pairs of electrons are arranged 180 degrees apart.
- The sum of the protons and neutrons in the nucleus of a given isotope of an atom.
- The number of moles of solute per liter of solution.
5 True/False Questions
polar covalent bond → A covalent bond between two atoms with the same electronegativity value; thus, the electrons are share equally between the two atoms.
solvent → A state of matter having a definite shape and a definite volume, whose particles cohere rigidly to one another, so it can be independent of its container.
theoretical yield → The maximum amount of product that can be produced according to a balanced equation.
stoichiometry → The area of chemistry that deals with the quantitative relationships among reactants and products in a chemical reaction.
solubility → The ability of a solute to dissolve in a solvent.