5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Thomson model of the atom
- a Thomson asserted that atoms are not indivisible but are composed of smaller parts; they contain both positively and negatively charged particles- protons as well as electrons.
- b An agreed upon system of measurements by scientists.
- c An element having properties that are intermediate between those of metals and nonmetals.
- d A state of matter that has no shape or definite volume.
- e The horizontal groupings (rows) of elements in the periodic table.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Mater without a uniform composition-- having two or more components or phases.
- The maximum amount of product that can be produced according to a balanced equation.
- A measure of the intensity of heat, or of how hot or cold a system is; SI unit is the kelvin (K).
- A subatomic particle that is electrically neutral and is found in the nucleus of an atom.
- A form of energy associated with the motion of small particles of matter.
5 True/False Questions
liquid → The amount of space occupied by matter; measured in liters and milliliters.
photon → A subatomic particle that is electrically neutral and is found in the nucleus of an atom.
VSEPR → Valence-shell electron-pair repulsion; a simple model for predicting the shapes of molecules.
percent yield → The percent of the theoretical yield that the actual yield was.
specific gravity → The ratio of the density of one substance to the density of another substance taken as a standard. Water is usually the standard for liquids and solids; air, for gases.