5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- limiting reactant
- subatomic particles
- a Particles found within the atom, mainly protons, neutrons, and electrons.
- b A state of matter that has no shape or definite volume.
- c A reactant the limits the amount of product formed by running out first in a chemical reaction.
- d Number that appears below the line and to the right of a symbol of an element.
- e An agreed upon system of measurements by scientists.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- A chemical substance produced from the reactants by a chemical change.
- Existing within the atom, these energy levels contain orbitals within which electrons are found.
- The characteristics of substances that give them unique identities.
- Colored lines generated when light emitted by a gas is passed through a spectroscope. Each element is unique.
- At constant volume, the pressure of a fixed mass is directly proportional to the absolute temperature.
5 True/False Questions
theoretical yield → The maximum amount of product that can be produced according to a balanced equation.
salts → Ionic compounds of cations and anions.
partial pressure → The pressure exerted independently by each gas in a mixture of gases.
pressure → Matter containing two or more substances, which can be present in variable amounts.
solvent → The substance that the solute is dissolved into.