← Chapters 28-29 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- How long was Pericles the leader of Athens?
- What were the two main things that the Athenians used to win at the Battle of Marathon?
- The gods and goddesses did act like humans but did not ________ or _____________.
- What is the most important building in Athens?
- What did the Athenians declare they had at the Battle of Plateae?
- a 31 years
- b Good weapons and a strong military strategy
- c They declared they had "common brotherhood with the greeks."
- d age (or) die
- e the most important building in Athens is the Parthenon.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Ionian Revolt
- wealth (and) peace
- To show emotion and who the actor was imitating
5 True/False Questions
What did a doric column look like? → It was the simplest and had no base but had a top that kind of looked like a base.
Compare the houses of Athenians to the public buildings. → small, uncomfortable houses that lined on narrow streets, mud bricks-Add info Miss Beach
What was the name of the Athenian navey leader? → Themistocles
The ____________ column sat on a base and had scrolls carved on the top. → Ionic
What happened to Athens toward the end of the Persian War? Why? → the Athenians took what they needed and didn't leave it for the Persians. The Persians burned it to the ground. Add more -Miss Beach