← Renaissance Test
5 Written Questions
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- This was a civil conflict in England between the ducal house of Lancaster and the ducal house of York.
- The imperial diet or parliament of the Holy Roman Empire.
- He married Isabella of Castile to form a union for Spain (though they were never politically united). He and Isabella worked together to form a strong infantry army in Spain.
- He was the duke of Richmond who defeated the last Yorkist king Richard III at Bosworth Field in 1485 and created his own dynasty.
- With help of the Estates-General, he established a royal army in France and earned the right to levy the "taille" or permanent tax.
5 True/False Questions
Granada → The prince that made Moscow the new capital of Russia, and he overthrew the Mongols that were dominating Russia.
Byzantine Empire → It served as a buffer between the Muslim middle East and the Latin west. It fell to the Ottoman Turks along with the city of Constantinople in 1453.
Habsburg → He is the only son of Maximilan I. He became the next Holy Roman Emperor and a bitter enemy to Hungary, Austria, Bohemia, and Poland.
Court of Star Chamber → Established by Henry VII, it enforced torture to be used to force nobles to confess for something.
Charles the Bold → He was the duke of Burgundy that wanted to create a middle kingdom between France and Germany. He was later killed by the Swiss in battle in 1477.