← Poetry test Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- A ________ is a popular saying whose meaning can not be determined word for word but by the expressopn it represents.
- A ______ is an exagerated statment wsed for effect and not meant to tbe taken litterally.
- ________ is a set of stressed and unstressed syllables.
- The exact orgin of these entertaining poems is not certain, but ______ became popular when a british poet and painter named edward lear published "A boot of nonsense", a collectoin of 72 _________. (the same answer goes in bothe blanks)
- A ______ ______ is a group of two or three syllables with an accent on one of the syllables.
- a Limeracks
- b Iamb
- c Idiom
- d Poetic Foot
- e hyperbole
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- rhythm and meter
- *rhyme scheme
5 True/False Questions
This defines what?? Art of expressing ones thought in verse, listening exprience, should be read aloud, has rythm and meaning, arouses our emotions through visual imagery,_______ is thrifty w/ words → Iamb
This rythmic quality is produced by the rise and fall of the sounds whcih suggest the ___________ or _______ of the poem. → action or mood
Through __________ we delight in a field of daffadils, pherhaps see a sandpiper dancing across the wet sand, or gaze a heaven. (somthing in a poem you can see) → Auditory Imagery
Through _______________ we hear the pounding stir, the song of a thrush, a voice from history. (It is in a poem and you can hear it) → Visual Imagery
Simile or metaphor (S or M)---- blue is the sky → M