5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- AABBA is an example of a ______________. (has star)
- Through _______________ we hear the pounding stir, the song of a thrush, a voice from history. (It is in a poem and you can hear it)
- This rythmic quality is produced by the rise and fall of the sounds whcih suggest the ___________ or _______ of the poem.
- Traditional poems have _______ and ________.
- ________ is a set of stressed and unstressed syllables.
- a Iamb
- b Auditory Imagery
- c *rhyme scheme
- d action or mood
- e rhythm and meter
5 Multiple choice questions
5 True/False questions
Many poems have a spectic ______ ________. → Rhyme scheme
The exact orgin of these entertaining poems is not certain, but ______ became popular when a british poet and painter named edward lear published "A boot of nonsense", a collectoin of 72 _________. (the same answer goes in bothe blanks) → metaphor
Simile or Metaphor (S or M)----- Fast as a cheetah → S
Through __________ we delight in a field of daffadils, pherhaps see a sandpiper dancing across the wet sand, or gaze a heaven. (somthing in a poem you can see) → Visual Imagery
A ______ is an exagerated statment wsed for effect and not meant to tbe taken litterally. → Iamb