5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Simile or metaphor (S or M)---- blue is the sky
- The exact orgin of these entertaining poems is not certain, but ______ became popular when a british poet and painter named edward lear published "A boot of nonsense", a collectoin of 72 _________. (the same answer goes in bothe blanks)
- When the feet are put together, they make a special pattern called ______.
- This rythmic quality is produced by the rise and fall of the sounds whcih suggest the ___________ or _______ of the poem.
- A sound word. Ex. Chugged, rickety, babbled, howled
- a onomatoeia
- b meter
- c action or mood
- d Limeracks
- e M
5 Multiple choice questions
5 True/False questions
Traditional poems have _______ and ________. → stressed and unstressed.
This defines what?? Art of expressing ones thought in verse, listening exprience, should be read aloud, has rythm and meaning, arouses our emotions through visual imagery,_______ is thrifty w/ words → Iamb
AABBA is an example of a ______________. (has star) → *rhyme scheme
A ______ ______ is a group of two or three syllables with an accent on one of the syllables. → Poetic Foot
A familar pattern of meter is called the _____. The _______ is a foot of two syallables with no accent on the 1st syllable but an accent on the second syllable. (Same answer for both) → Iambus