5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The exact orgin of these entertaining poems is not certain, but ______ became popular when a british poet and painter named edward lear published "A boot of nonsense", a collectoin of 72 _________. (the same answer goes in bothe blanks)
- A familar pattern of meter is called the _____. The _______ is a foot of two syallables with no accent on the 1st syllable but an accent on the second syllable. (Same answer for both)
- This rythmic quality is produced by the rise and fall of the sounds whcih suggest the ___________ or _______ of the poem.
- When the feet are put together, they make a special pattern called ______.
- Comparison that often uses a form of to be
- a action or mood
- b Iambus
- c Limeracks
- d meter
- e metaphor
5 Multiple choice questions
5 True/False questions
Simile or Metaphor (S or M)----- Fast as a cheetah → M
Through __________ we delight in a field of daffadils, pherhaps see a sandpiper dancing across the wet sand, or gaze a heaven. (somthing in a poem you can see) → Visual Imagery
Through _______________ we hear the pounding stir, the song of a thrush, a voice from history. (It is in a poem and you can hear it) → Visual Imagery
Traditional poems have _______ and ________. → stressed and unstressed.
AABBA is an example of a ______________. (has star) → *rhyme scheme