5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- "Quickie" Divorce
- dirty hands
- Divorce a Mensa et Thoro
- a a Judicial separation, a limied divorce. The parties are not free to remarry, since they are still married after receiving this kind of "divorce".
- b stop or prevent
- c A migratory divorce obtained in what is often called a divorce mill state (i.e. a state where the procedural requirements for divorce are very slight in order to encourage out-of-state citizens to some in for a divoce and while there to spend some tourist dollars.
- d wrongdoing or other inappropriate behavior that would make it unfair or inequitable to allow a person to assert a right or defense he or she would normally have.
- e Legally independent of one's parent or legal guardian.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- A divorce granted by a court when only one party (the plaintiff) was present before the court. Teh court may not have had personal jurisdiction over the defendant.
- Both the plaintiff and the defendant appear at the hearing or other court proceeding to contest all the issues.
- a divorce; a court's termination of a marriage.
- qualified medical child support order - a court order requing that a group health plan provide benfits for the child of a parent covered under the plan.
- sexual intercourse between unmarried persons
5 True/False Questions
summons → the formal notice from the court that informs the defendant a lawsuit has been filed and that orders the defendant to appear and answer the allegations of the plaintiff.
corroboration → additional evidence of a point beyond that offered by the person asserting the point
irreconcilable differences → such discord esists between the spouses that the marriage has undergone an irremediable breakdown.
no-fault grounds → the right to make the major child rearing decisions on health, education, religion, discipline and general welfare.
grounds → a bill of divorcement in a Jewish divorce