← HIST 1001; Test 1 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Which of these was NOT one of the zones connected by International Bronze Age trade and diplomacy networks?
- The Neolithic Age is characterized by
- Why did the Assyrians engage in frequent military campaigns?
- Historians use the word "Jews" for the Hebrews who lived after which event?
- Democracy in the Athenian Empire peaked under the leadership of
- a The massive standing army cost so much that military plunder was needed to support it.
- b Roman Empire Correct
- c Pericles
- d Changes in food production techniques
- e The completion of the Second Temple in Ierusalem
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The development of long-distance trading networks
- Made art
- Maritime commercial trade
- Military campaigns to expand Hittite power into Mesopotamia and Egypt
- Herodotus was a prisoner in investigating historical events and culture, looking for general patterns and raising fundamental questions.
5 True/False Questions
King Hammurabi → Developed a rigorous system of justice codified law
Which playwright was particularly talented at using comedy to provide social commentary? → She ruled as regent for her son, Thutmose III.
Solon's reforms of the political system in Athens → Limited the authority of the aristocracy and enabled more widespread participation in public life
The chief rival of Babylonia for dominance in Mesopotamia was → Sparta
Which of the following statements is NOT true about Greece during the Dark Age? → The main languages used in the empire were Aramaic and Hebrew.