← Advertising Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- subliminal advertising
- CCO; Chief Creative Officer
- category maturity
- a The activity or profession of producing advertisements for commercial products or services.
- b highest ranking position of the creative team within a company. This position is responsible for the overall look and feel of all materials, media, and branding associated with the organization; also creative director or lead designer
- c product reaches its full market potential and business becomes more profitable
- d a discredited theory that advertising that appears below perceptual levels (brief flashes of type or barely audible words) can unconsciously persuasive. It does not exist.
- e cost per thousand;The amount paid per impression; online advertising
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- ghostwriter for the head of the 1939 World's Fair; - starts "DDB"- Doyle Dane Bernbach; DDB Style: Ohrbach's- their first account, Levy's- diversity w/ "effective surprise", Polaroid- dramatic visual demonstration, Jamaica- one word and a visual; Three campaigns: Mobil- "We want you to live", Avis- Helped inspire "positioning", VW- campaign of the century ; DDB Influence- A new way of creating ads; Writer/art director team; "the concept"- New industry standard; In every award show "Ad Age" chose Bernbach as their "Ad Man of the Century"
- viewing a large market of people with different demands as many smaller homogeneous markets
- defines itself vs. #1 product; Avis car rental
- BBDO; birth of the "brain storm"; Applied imagination-book; basic principles are still used today: thought of generation should be done without the discouraging effect of judgment; "soup on the rocks"- Campbell's;
- a legal term for paid communications, primarily advertising
5 True/False Questions
added value → The activity or profession of producing advertisements for commercial products or services.
implementation → After budgets get approved, operations move from theoretical to the practical; NOTE: actual costs may very from budget- plans may need to be changed "on the fly"
Curtis → cost per thousand;The amount paid per impression; online advertising
out of home advertising → hard sell and reason why; a style that emphasizes building a strong logical sales proposition and pushing that message at the consumer often.
national brand → when a large distribution channel member (usually a retailer), buys from a manufacturer in bulk and puts its own name on the product.; the "off-brand" sold by major retailers