← comm3471_5 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- 5 necessary aspects to language 5
- learning disabilities5
- a 1. socially shared code 2. symbolic 3.Arbitrary 4.Modalities 5.Rule governed
- b can be seen in aphasia patients. motor and symbolic stages of writing. difficulty putting thoughts on paper. normal or high IQ
- c Pervasive developmental disorder: impairments in development of social interaction, verbal and nonverbal comm. skills, and imaginative activities. 4x more common in boys than girls. abnormalities in cognition, posture, motor behaviors, mood, and prone to self destructive behaviors.
- d associated with central nervous system dysfunction. Not due to mental, hearing, or vision problem
- e study of how individual words and their most basic meaningful units are combined to create sentences
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- symbol-referent relationship on which language society randomly agrees.
- accountability to portray people with severe language delay and disorders accurately and compassionately
- values social norms and focuses on consequences of language delay or disorder of individual. considers lang. disorders to be defect in language developemnt
- the symbol referent relationship on which language society randomly agrees
- Individuals with Disabilities Edu Act. continuation of Public Law 94-142, guaranteeing students with disabilities the right to free and app. public edu. IDEA spec protects against culture discriminatory tests to determine comm. disorder
5 True/False Questions
measures intelligence 5 → totality of a person's mental abilities. It includes the abilities to learn, think rationally and logically, solve problems, abstract, and interact productively and successfully with the environment.
anoxia5 → lack of oxygen to the brain. sometimes occurs during delivery and can cause mental deficiency
Morphology/Morphemes5 → smallest units of meaning,reflects the smallest building blocks for comprehension.
Symbolic5 → Ideas, events, things, and feelings represented by a symbol or series of symbols.
Rain Man and Nell5 → neurobehavioral disorder. with hyperactivity there is constant movement of body and speech