5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- theyhad to compromise on slavery
- make a new document
- the north wanted to stop it + south said it was part of their life + it would damage southern population
- new goverment
- they did not work
- a Describe the disagreement over the slave trade.
- b What was the goal of the Constitutional Convention?
- c Instead of revising the Articles of Confederation what did the delegates decide to do?
- d What did Alexander Hamilton think about the Articles of Confederation?
- e Why did the Northern and Southern States have to compromise?
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- When would the new Constitution go into effect?
- Did all the members of the Constitutional Convention sign the Constitution?
- 3 branches of goverment + one representative per state
- Why was James Madison considered the best-prepared delegate to the Constitutional Convention?
- Why did the delegates to the convention decide to keep their debates secret?
5 True/False Questions
May 25, 1787 → When was the Constitutional Convention opened?
everyone had different ideas → Name some of the difficulties facing the members of the Constitutional Convention?
Roger Sherman → Who was the author of the Great Compromise?
James Madison → Who is often called the "Father of the Constitution?"
compromise → compromise between Virginia and New Jersey Plans