← US Constitution Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Virginia Plan
- they did not work
- New Jersey Plan
- May 25, 1787
- a What did Alexander Hamilton think about the Articles of Confederation?
- b 3 branches of goverment + number of representatives by population
- c a settlement in which each side gives up some of its demands in order to reach an agreement
- d 3 branches of goverment + one representative per state
- e When was the Constitutional Convention opened?
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- What are the opening words of the Constitution?
- Why was James Madison considered the best-prepared delegate to the Constitutional Convention?
- When would the new Constitution go into effect?
- Why did the Northern and Southern States have to compromise?
- Were any of the 55 delegates to the Constitutional Convention also part of those who signed the Declaration of Independence?
5 True/False Questions
James Madison → Who is often called the "Father of the Constitution?"
new goverment → Who was the author of the Great Compromise?
they did not want the public revolting → Why did the delegates to the convention decide to keep their debates secret?
everyone had different ideas → Name some of the difficulties facing the members of the Constitutional Convention?
how many slaves count in population → What was the Three-Fifths Compromise?