5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a shapeless, without definite form; of no particular type or character; without organization, unity, or cohesion.
- b funereal, typical of the tomb; extremely gloomy or dismal.
- c a damaging or derogatory statement; the act of slandering or defaming
- d a warning or caution to prevent misunderstanding or discourage behavior.
- e self-evident, expressing a universally accepted principle or rule.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- to punish severely; to criticize severely
- that which surrounds (as an atmosphere); a distinctive air or personal quality.
- to find out by reasoning; to arrive at a conclusion on the basis of thought; to hint, suggest, imply.
- a leader who exploits popular prejudices and false claims and promises in order to gain power
- weariness and dissatisfaction from lack of occupation or interest, boredom
5 True/False Questions
erudite → scholarly, learned, bookish, pedantic.
gossamer → thin, light, delicate, insubstantial
straitlaced → extremely strict in regard to moral standards and conduct; prudish, puritanical.
remonstrate → to re-echo, resound; to reflect or be reflected repeatedly.
transient → able to return to an original shape or form; able to recover quickly.