5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Pablo Picasso
- Miguel de Cervantes
- Juan de la Cierva
- Perez Galdos
- Santiago Ramon y Cajal
- a aeronautical engineer. invented the autogyro in 1923 for funner of the helicopter
- b painter of the 20th century. founder of the school of cubism. style of painting in which geometric forms represent human figures.
- c (1547-1616) novelist who wrote Don Quixote de la Mancha.
- d winner of the nobel prize for medicine in 1906 for his studies on the central nervous system
- e (1845-1920) greatest Spanish novelist since Cervantes
5 Multiple choice questions
- Spain's greatest composer and the foremost representative of modern Spanish music
- (the Greek) Domenico Theocopoulos. painter of the 16th century. Toledo. most of his paintings are of a religious nature.
- he was a court painter to Philip the 4th in the 17th centurty. his most famous painting is called Las Meninas.
- composer of music for the piano
- el sabio. (the wise one). 13th century writer of history science and poetry.
5 True/False questions
Lope de Vega → Spain's greatest composer and the foremost representative of modern Spanish music
Jacinto Benavente → (1866-1954) dramatist. won the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1922
Goya → an epic poem. first most important work in Spanish literature. written in the 12th century.
Camilo Jose Cela → (1916- ) novelist. winner of the nobel prize for literature in 1989
Juan Ramon Jimenze and Vicenti Aleixandre → (1881-1958) and (1898-1984) poets. both winners of the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1956 and 1977 respectively.