5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Severo Ochoa
- Camilo Jose Cela
- Juan de la Cierva
- a (1916- ) novelist. winner of the nobel prize for literature in 1989
- b aeronautical engineer. invented the autogyro in 1923 for funner of the helicopter
- c he was a court painter to Philip the 4th in the 17th centurty. his most famous painting is called Las Meninas.
- d greatest spanish painter of the 18th and 19th centuries. his work attacked the social and political decay of the period.
- e winner of the Nobel Prize for Medicine in 1959 for his studies in heredity
5 Multiple choice questions
- el sabio. (the wise one). 13th century writer of history science and poetry.
- (1881-1958) and (1898-1984) poets. both winners of the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1956 and 1977 respectively.
- painter of the 20th century. founder of the school of cubism. style of painting in which geometric forms represent human figures.
- (1867-1928) novelist. The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse. Blood and Sand. La Barrack.
- (the Greek) Domenico Theocopoulos. painter of the 16th century. Toledo. most of his paintings are of a religious nature.
5 True/False questions
Isaac Albenniz → composer of music for the piano
Andres Segobia → (1562-1681) dramatist who write many plays but they weren't that good.
Miguel de Cervantes → (1547-1616) novelist who wrote Don Quixote de la Mancha.
Santiago Ramon y Cajal → winner of the nobel prize for medicine in 1906 for his studies on the central nervous system
Jacinto Benavente → (1866-1954) dramatist. won the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1922