5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- For most dry plant matter what is the best proof of alcohol to use?
- Pills (Wan) are made how?
- Antirheumatic herbs work on 3 levels of the body? (often Bi syndrome can affect more than one level)
- What are the solvents that can be used in tinctures?
- What are cinnamon sticks good for?
- a 1. superficial muscle layer
2. channel layer
3. tendon and bone layer
- b 80 proof (like vodka or rum)
- c water, oil, glycerin, vinegar or alcohol.
- d by combining herb powder with a binding agent like honey
- e warming body and re-ignites ming men fire.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Nature: pungent and warm
Channel: Spleen and kidney
- 30 grams
- numbness and fixed pain in joint with swelling and difficulty stretching; tx involves transforming damp and strengthening spleen
- salt, honey, vinegar, wine, ginger
- decoction (Tang)
5 True/False Questions
Powders are how many times more concentrated than raw herbs? → 5 times (also more easily absorbed and stored; used for chronic issues)
What is the nature and function of Wei Ling Xian (Rx. Clematidis)? → Nature: pungent, salty and warm
function: unblocks the channels, relieves pain, and dispels wind/cold/damp; dissolves fish bones in throat
What are the 2 types of interior cold syndrome? → can injure the yin body fluids; use with caution in patients deficient of yin , blood, or body fluids.
If wind predominates it's called? → Cold Bi (the pain is severe and aching)
When do you generally take the decoction? → one hour after a meal