5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Wind Bi:
- Some believe that its very beneficial to take the decoction when?
- What are the contraindictaions of interior warming herbs?
- What are the different methods of dry frying herbs?
- Can light breakdown a tincture?
- a before going to sleep
- b can involve any of lg joints; may come with fever and chills in early stage; diaphortics are tx for wind bi.
- c can injure the yin body fluids; use with caution in patients deficient of yin , blood, or body fluids.
- d salt, honey, vinegar, wine, ginger
- e yes
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- chronic issues (they are mild and slow in action)
- cooked for 30-60 minutes before adding other herbs in formula.
- 80 proof (like vodka or rum)
- place herbs into pot, cover with water ( if boiling for 30 min or longer add more water about an inch above), after water boils vigorously turn to simmer, stir frequently, after simmer for allotted time strain and drink.
- Nature: pungent and hot
Functions: warms the spleen and kidney yang; warms the channels and dispels cold. (powerful pain reliever & tx for chronic diarrhea)
5 True/False Questions
Diaphoretics are cooked for how long? → by combining herb powder with a binding agent like honey
Antirheumatics treat what? → warm the interior and dispel cold
If your prescription is to tonify or enrich the body when would you take the decoction? → on an empty stomach or 1 hour before a meal
What are the solvents that can be used in tinctures? → water, oil, glycerin, vinegar or alcohol.
Often chinese herbs are dry fried for? → chronic issues (they are mild and slow in action)