5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What are the function and contraindications of antirheumatic herbs?
- Heat Bi:
- Wei Ling Xian (Rx. Clematidis)?
- If cold predominates it's called?
- Can light breakdown a tincture?
- a yes
- b function: dispel wind, cold, damp from channels.
they can deplete yin and blood, so careful when deficient
- c Cold Bi (the pain is severe and aching)
- d pain with burning sensation, redness and swelling of joints, impaired movement and pain is relieved by cold; tx clear heat, dispel wind, and resove damp
- e antirheumatic herb and powerful pain reliever
5 Multiple choice questions
- warm the interior and dispel cold
- warming body and re-ignites ming men fire.
- wind, cold, and damp that stagnate in the channels and causes arthralgia (joint pain).
- water, oil, glycerin, vinegar or alcohol.
- place herbs into pot, cover with water ( if boiling for 30 min or longer add more water about an inch above), after water boils vigorously turn to simmer, stir frequently, after simmer for allotted time strain and drink.
5 True/False questions
Interior warming herbs warm the yang by strengthening what? → warm the interior and dispel cold
Antirheumatics treat what? → 16 Liang
What happens when dry frying with honey? → increases herbs tonifying and moistening effect
Damp Bi: → pain with burning sensation, redness and swelling of joints, impaired movement and pain is relieved by cold; tx clear heat, dispel wind, and resove damp
What are the different methods of dry frying herbs? → can injure the yin body fluids; use with caution in patients deficient of yin , blood, or body fluids.