5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Roman Roads
- Germanic Tribes
- a Consisting of 53,000 miles, these concrete pathways were a necessity for traveling outside of Rome.
- b They invaded the Roman Empire from the North and East, caused the fall of Rome.
- c The rational investigation of questions about existence, knowledge, and ethics.
- d An officer of ancient Rome elected by the plebeians to protect their rights from arbitrary acts of the patrician magistrates.
- e A political system in which the supreme power lies in a body of citizens who can elect people to represent them
5 Multiple choice questions
- A long time of peace and prosperity, and minimal expansion.
- A temple built in the reign of Pericles. It was used to honor Athena, and also was used for events.
- A co-dictator with Octavian, and he was very obsessed with Cleopatra.
- Virtue, meeting your highest potential.
- Composed of Tiberius and Gauis, they tried to end horrible slave laws, and also tried to restore the skeleton back to Rome.
5 True/False questions
Legions → A group of common people.
Solon → A tyrannic leader who set up non-religious courts. He also forbade debt slavery, and set up a fun to buy back slaves.
Thucydides → They were heavily armed Greek infantrymen who marched and fought in close ranks. Most of the recruits were middle-class citizens
Senate → In ancient Rome, the supreme governing body, originally made up only of aristocrats.
Phillip II → First in line.