5 Written questions
4 Matching questions
- Culture is a two way process:
- Sapir-Whorf Thesis
- a people see and understand world through "cultural lens of language"
- b 1. traveler can inflict cultureby offending other cultures
2. travler experiences culture shock when meeting new people whos way of life is very different
- c system of symbols allow people to communicate with one another
- d specific ideas people hold as 'true"
5 Multiple choice questions
- consists of ideas created by members of a society ranges from art to Zen
- hand in hand
5 True/False questions
Some of the languages around the world are decreasing as a result of: → 1. global economy
2. high-technology communication
3. international migration
Each language has its own symbols so people of different cultures → 300
_____, and ______. → system of symbols allow people to communicate with one another
Culture → ways of thinking, acting and material objects together form person's way of life
Society → specific ideas people hold as 'true"