5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- what does the inner portion of the renal capsule line?
- what does the DCT open into?
- what do the efferent arteriole provide blood to?
- what does juxtaglomerular apparatus secrete?
- what is located close to the medulla?
- a renal sinus
- b the hormones renin and erythropoietin
- c the collecting system
- d juxtamedullary nephrons
- e the peritubular capillaries
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- outer renal cortex, central renal medulla, inner renal sinus
- it is unusually thick
- in the efferent arteriole
- a fluid containing water, ions, and soluble compounds
- enters the peritubular capillaries and the vesa recta that follow the loops of Henle in the medulla
5 True/False Questions
what are pedicels of the podocytes separated by? → short
what % of nephrons do juxtaglomerular apparatus make up? → the hormones renin and erythropoietin
distal convoluted tubule is an important site for what? → proximal convoluted tubule (PCT)
where do the juxtamedullary nephrons' loops of Henle extend? → deep into the renal pyramids
what does the renal fascia do? → capillary knot of the glomerulus and Bowman's capsule