6 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- an object or animal is given human thoughts, feelings, and attitudes
- A word, phrase, line or group of lines that is repeated, for effect, several times in a poem.
- The repetition of the same or similar initial consonant sounds in words that are close together.
- words whose sounds imitate or suggest their meanings
- a reference, explicit or implicit, to something in previous literature or history, could be biblical
5 True/False questions
Denotation → What a word suggests beyond its basic definition; a words overtones of meanings
Antitheses → One word or idea is established and then the opposite word or idea is expressed
Consonance → The repetition of accented vowel sounds in a series of words.
Connotation → The basic definition or dictionary meaning of a word.
oxymoron → a reference, explicit or implicit, to something in previous literature or history, could be biblical