6 Written Questions
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- A word, phrase, line or group of lines that is repeated, for effect, several times in a poem.
- an apparent contradiction that is nevertheless true
- The basic definition or dictionary meaning of a word.
- A figure of speech in which apparently contradictory terms appear in conjunction
- Repetition of a word or phrase.
5 True/False Questions
Personification → The basic definition or dictionary meaning of a word.
Ballad → A song or poem that tells a story.
Connotation → What a word suggests beyond its basic definition; a words overtones of meanings
Consonance → The repetition of accented vowel sounds in a series of words.
Alliteration → The repetition of the same or similar initial consonant sounds in words that are close together.