6 Written Questions
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- A word, phrase, line or group of lines that is repeated, for effect, several times in a poem.
- an apparent contradiction that is nevertheless true
- A figure of speech in which apparently contradictory terms appear in conjunction
- saying less than one means or saying what one means with less force than the occasion warrants
- The repetition of accented vowel sounds in a series of words.
5 True/False Questions
Personification → an object or animal is given human thoughts, feelings, and attitudes
Onomatopoeia → The basic definition or dictionary meaning of a word.
Consonance → The repetition of final consonant sounds of accented syllables or important words that are close together
Sonnet → The repetition of accented vowel sounds in a series of words.
Ballad → an apparent contradiction that is nevertheless true