6 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- A word, phrase, line or group of lines that is repeated, for effect, several times in a poem.
- What a word suggests beyond its basic definition; a words overtones of meanings
- The basic definition or dictionary meaning of a word.
- an apparent contradiction that is nevertheless true
- The repetition of accented vowel sounds in a series of words.
5 True/False questions
Allusion → A song or poem that tells a story.
Antitheses → Repetition of a word or phrase.
Personification → The basic definition or dictionary meaning of a word.
Sonnet → A fourteen-line poem, usually written in iambic pentameter.
Ballad → an apparent contradiction that is nevertheless true