6 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- a reference, explicit or implicit, to something in previous literature or history, could be biblical
- The repetition of final consonant sounds of accented syllables or important words that are close together
- A figure of speech in which apparently contradictory terms appear in conjunction
- What a word suggests beyond its basic definition; a words overtones of meanings
- an apparent contradiction that is nevertheless true
5 True/False questions
Understatement → saying less than one means or saying what one means with less force than the occasion warrants
Ballad → A song or poem that tells a story.
Alliteration → The repetition of the same or similar initial consonant sounds in words that are close together.
Denotation → The basic definition or dictionary meaning of a word.
Sonnet → The repetition of accented vowel sounds in a series of words.