6 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- The basic definition or dictionary meaning of a word.
- an object or animal is given human thoughts, feelings, and attitudes
- a reference, explicit or implicit, to something in previous literature or history, could be biblical
- Repetition of a word or phrase.
- A fourteen-line poem, usually written in iambic pentameter.
5 True/False questions
Assonance → The repetition of accented vowel sounds in a series of words.
Connotation → What a word suggests beyond its basic definition; a words overtones of meanings
Paradox → an apparent contradiction that is nevertheless true
Alliteration → a reference, explicit or implicit, to something in previous literature or history, could be biblical
oxymoron → A figure of speech in which apparently contradictory terms appear in conjunction