6 Written Questions
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- A word, phrase, line or group of lines that is repeated, for effect, several times in a poem.
- The repetition of final consonant sounds of accented syllables or important words that are close together
- words whose sounds imitate or suggest their meanings
- The basic definition or dictionary meaning of a word.
- A figure of speech in which apparently contradictory terms appear in conjunction
5 True/False Questions
Personification → The basic definition or dictionary meaning of a word.
Ballad → an apparent contradiction that is nevertheless true
Understatement → saying less than one means or saying what one means with less force than the occasion warrants
Alliteration → The repetition of the same or similar initial consonant sounds in words that are close together.
Anaphora → Repetition of a word or phrase.