6 Written Questions
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- an apparent contradiction that is nevertheless true
- One word or idea is established and then the opposite word or idea is expressed
- The repetition of final consonant sounds of accented syllables or important words that are close together
- The repetition of the same or similar initial consonant sounds in words that are close together.
- A figure of speech in which apparently contradictory terms appear in conjunction
5 True/False Questions
Personification → The basic definition or dictionary meaning of a word.
Refrain → A word, phrase, line or group of lines that is repeated, for effect, several times in a poem.
Denotation → What a word suggests beyond its basic definition; a words overtones of meanings
Onomatopoeia → words whose sounds imitate or suggest their meanings
Allusion → a reference, explicit or implicit, to something in previous literature or history, could be biblical