5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Name and describe the two main categories of soups.
- Glace de Viande
- What is the basic formula for Mayonnaise sauce?
- a the seeds of certain pod plants, including beans and peas, which are eaten for their earthy flavors and high nutritional value. Also the French word for vegetable.
- b Yield: 1-1/4 cups
1 large egg
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon salt
- c Meat glaze (reduced Estouffade)
- d Thick: consist of roux or a puree of ingredients that are used to thickening them. Clear: consist of stock or broth garnished with vegetables, meat, remaining relatively clear.
- e a strainer with crank - operated, curved blade. It is used to puree soft foods while straining.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Game glaze
- The roux and starch from the potatoes.
- Duxelle: An apparell of ﬁnely chopped mushroom and shallots sautéed gently with butter, used as a stufﬁng, garnish, or as a ﬂavoring in soups and sauces.
- -Remove bones to kettle/stock pot
*Bone in kettle degrease pan
*Deglaze pan/keep fat
*5.1/2 to 6 Qtz. For every 8#'s
Add measured cold water, Bones bring to a simmer
-Brown mirepox and tomato product
- one of several basic sauce that are used in the preparation of many other small sauce.
5 True/False questions
Onion pique → to make onion soup, you sauté onion in clarified butter that is then deglazed with sherry wine. After add a sachet and stock
Slicer → a devise used to cut food very thinly
Broth → a flavorful aromatic liquid made by simmering water or stock with meat, vegetables and or spices and herbs.
Describe two reasons for precise vegetable cuts. → Cook the aromatic vegetables to develop a good flavor base, for some soups, the main flavoring ingredient(s) may also be added in the first stages of cooking, puree the soup (as necessary) and strain it, simmer the soup, checking for flavor, consistency, and seasoning before adding the cream, garnishes must be very hot when added to hot soup, evaluate the quality of the finished cream soup.
What is the purpose of clarifying butter? → The purpose of clarifying butter is to increase its smoke point.