5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Non Summativity
- a Nothing adds up. There is more to a family then the people and it's very complicated.
- b 'Adaptation' All systems strive to be balanced. Ex. When a parent loses a job the whole family might try and find a job to help out with money.
- c More social, healthy, and most of the population. Good at doing things together and things outside the family. Good communication and fairly stable relationships. Access resources when needed. Good supportive network in and outside of family and is functioning.
- d a process in which two people who are in conflict involve a third person in order to reduce the tension in the relationship between the original two people.
- e refers to the ability to use force in order to accomplish whatever tasks or reach whatever goals one is seeking to achieve.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Who is in and out of the system. Indicates quality of interaction that goes on inside of boundary.
- Where all the blame goes on that particular person. (kid)
- family of procreation
- Healthy and also most of the population. They don't come and go as much, but good communication. Fairly stable relationships and limited access to resources. Limited support network. Functioning.
- family or origin
5 True/False Questions
Coalitions → coming together of two or more members of a system for some common purpose.
Rituals → Exact moment at which you or a family are ready to make a change. It's good in Family Systems.
Steady State → good in a family system. Adjustments being made. Change=growth
Family power → the ability of one family member to change the behavior of the other family members.
Hierarchy → Condensed version of family life. They serve to stabalize the family. Transmit family culture from generation.