← Chapter 7 Religion Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Sermon on the Mount
- for they will be shown mercy
- Golden Rule
- a Simple, vivid picture stories drawn from ordinary life which were meant to challenge listeners
- b A section in Matthew's Gospel in which Jesus delivers the first of five discourses recorded in the Gospel. This begins with the sharing of the Beatitudes.
- c Described by Jesus and recorded in Matthew 7:12: "Do to others whatever you would have them do to you."
- d Blessed are the merciful...
- e People who accepted the Mosaic Law, but did not accept the prophetical or wisdom writings. Though Jesus did not allow his Apostles to preach to Samaritans, he showed love to them.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The first step of becoming a saint; it means you lived a holy life
- From the word for "blessed," this term refers to a person who has been declared by the Chruch to have the ability to intercede for those who pray in his or her name. This is a step toward canonized sainthood.
- One of the most influential people of the twentieth century; convened the Second Vatican Council
- The birthplace of Jesus, located in Judea.
- The region to the south of Galilee, north central in relation to the entirety of the Holy Land. The inhabitants descended from foreigners who intermarried with the old northern Israelite tribes at the time of Assyria's conquest of the northern kingdom.
5 True/False Questions
Transcendence → "To change one's mind;" a radical way of thinking and doing things.
Galilee → Simple, vivid picture stories drawn from ordinary life which were meant to challenge listeners
Parallel Statements → People who accepted the Mosaic Law, but did not accept the prophetical or wisdom writings. Though Jesus did not allow his Apostles to preach to Samaritans, he showed love to them.
Luke → The disordered desire for or inordinate enjoyment of sexual pleasure
Zealots → The religious group that formed in Galilee and held great influence there.