5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Unicameral Legislature
- a One chamber
- b Set of beliefs that include a limited role for the national government in helping individuals and the economic affairs of the nation, support for traditional values and lifestyles, and a cautious response to change.
- c Person whose views fall in the middle of the political spectrum.
- d The process of resolving conflicts over how society should use its scarce resources and who should receive various benefits, such as public health care and public higher education.
- e English bill of rights passes parliamentary.
o Cruel and unusual punishment
o Right to a jury
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- 1. Resolves conflict
2. Provides public services
3. Defends the nation and its culture against attacks by other nations
- Rights that are not bestowed by government but are inherent within every man, woman, and child by virtue of the fact that he or she is a human being.
- System of political ideas that are rooted in religious beliefs concerning human nature, society, and government
- 2 house based on equality
- Document drawn up by Pilgrim leaders in 1620 on the ship Mayflower. Document stated that laws were to be made for the general good of the people.
5 True/False Questions
Federalists → Pro constitution
Positive Law → Judges make decisions
Representative Government:Parliament- → Name of the national legislative body in countries government by a parliamentary system, such as Britain and Canada.
Anti-Federalist → An economic system based on the private ownership of wealth- producing property, free markets, and freedom of contract.
Two ways to resolve conflict are... → 1. Power- The ability to influence the behavior of others usually through the use of force, persuasion, or rewards.
2. Authority- The ability to legitimately exercise power, such as the power to make and enforce laws.