5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Two ways to resolve conflict are...
- First Continental Congress
- a Magna Carta
- b The arbitrary exercise of power by an oppressive individual or government.
- c 1. Power- The ability to influence the behavior of others usually through the use of force, persuasion, or rewards.
2. Authority- The ability to legitimately exercise power, such as the power to make and enforce laws.
- d A league of independent states that are united only for the purpose of achieving common goals.
- e A gathering of delegates from twelve of the thirteen colonies, held in 1774 to protest the Coercive Act.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Voluntary agreement among individuals to create a government and to give that government adequate power to secure the mutual protection and welfare of all individuals.
- Deals with fiscal
- 2 house based on equality
- An ongoing organization that performs certain functions for society.
- System of government in which political decisions are made by the people themselves rather than by elected representatives.
5 True/False Questions
Anti-Federalist → Opposed
Checks and Balances → Each of the 3 branches is given the means to restrain or balance the actions of the others.
Representative Government:Parliament- → 2 House; Senate and House of Representatives.
Politics → The process of resolving conflicts over how society should use its scarce resources and who should receive various benefits, such as public health care and public higher education.
September 17, 1787 → Final draft of the constitution, and signed by the delegates.