5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What is death?
- What are three ways initiation occurs?
- What are injuries?
- What are the two steps of cancer development
- What is a disorder?
- a any affliction not caused by a pathogen
- b initiation and promotion
- c brain activity is the leading indicator of life - if an organisms brain is functioning it is considered alive - clinically dead if no electric activity in the brain
- d physical damage to the body- temporary or permanent
- e carcinogenic chemicals
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Same as for bacteria but the cancer cells are what the doctors aim to get rid of.
- heartbeat and breathing
- Benign tumors and Cancer
- Malignant or Cancer
- they have large nuclei that carries more DNA than a normal cell. bizarre appearance and abnormal numbers of chromosomes.
5 True/False Questions
What are the three primary methods of treating cancer? → surgery, radiation, chemotherapy
What are benign tumors? → cells stop functioning normally and grow a structure different than the tissue it originated from. The abnormal growth is called a tumor. Benign tumors are walled off from the rest of the body
Do benign tumors cause adverse effects on the body? → yes they do they can obstruct organs from working properly or cutt off blood supply and need to be surgically removed
What are three major groups of disorders? → -a deficiency disease that results from improper nourishment such as a lack of vitamins
-Chemical poisoning or radiation sickness due to exposure to environment.
-other disorders such as gallstones, kidney stones, nervous disorders only partially understood,
What are some of the theories of why we age? → Inherited Disorders