5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What is the leading treatment for cancer?
- What are organic disorders?
- What are some of the theories of why we age?
- What does metatasize mean?
- What does radiation uses?
- a when a cancer cell separates from the parent tumor and travels to other parts of the body
- b Xrays- radioactive isotopes to destroy cancer cells that are localized
- c -attributed to waste accumulation in the cells - lipofuscin
-aging programmed into body genetically
-aging and the length of telomeres the ends of chromosomes
- d -a deficiency disease that results from improper nourishment such as a lack of vitamins
-Chemical poisoning or radiation sickness due to exposure to environment.
-other disorders such as gallstones, kidney stones, nervous disorders only partially understood,
- e surgery - important to get tumor before metastisis
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- the science of aging
- heartbeat and breathing
- Same as for bacteria but the cancer cells are what the doctors aim to get rid of.
- Benign tumors and Cancer
- initiation and promotion
5 True/False Questions
What are injuries? → physical damage to the body- temporary or permanent
What are some things that are different about cancer cells? → surgery - important to get tumor before metastisis
What are benign tumors? → physical damage to the body- temporary or permanent
What do we call a tumor whose growth is extremely rapid and chaotic? → surgery, radiation, chemotherapy
What is death? → any affliction not caused by a pathogen