5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What does metatasize mean?
- What is chemotherapy?
- What are inherited disorders?
- What are injuries?
- Do benign tumors cause adverse effects on the body?
- a when a cancer cell separates from the parent tumor and travels to other parts of the body
- b Same as for bacteria but the cancer cells are what the doctors aim to get rid of.
- c direct result of an inherited gene or inherited tendency for a disorder
- d yes they do they can obstruct organs from working properly or cutt off blood supply and need to be surgically removed
- e physical damage to the body- temporary or permanent
5 Multiple choice questions
- cells stop functioning normally and grow a structure different than the tissue it originated from. The abnormal growth is called a tumor. Benign tumors are walled off from the rest of the body
- Inherited Disorders
- initiation and promotion
- Malignant or Cancer
- carcinogenic chemicals
5 True/False questions
What are some things that are different about cancer cells? → surgery - important to get tumor before metastisis
What is death? → brain activity is the leading indicator of life - if an organisms brain is functioning it is considered alive - clinically dead if no electric activity in the brain
What is the leading treatment for cancer? → carcinogenic chemicals
What are some of the theories of why we age? → -attributed to waste accumulation in the cells - lipofuscin
-aging programmed into body genetically
-aging and the length of telomeres the ends of chromosomes
What are the three primary methods of treating cancer? → surgery, radiation, chemotherapy