5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What are the two steps of cancer development
- What is chemotherapy?
- What are injuries?
- What does radiation uses?
- What is a disorder?
- a Same as for bacteria but the cancer cells are what the doctors aim to get rid of.
- b Xrays- radioactive isotopes to destroy cancer cells that are localized
- c any affliction not caused by a pathogen
- d physical damage to the body- temporary or permanent
- e initiation and promotion
5 Multiple choice questions
- -attributed to waste accumulation in the cells - lipofuscin
-aging programmed into body genetically
-aging and the length of telomeres the ends of chromosomes
- Inherited Disorders
- direct result of an inherited gene or inherited tendency for a disorder
- Benign tumors and Cancer
- the science of aging
5 True/False questions
What are benign tumors? → physical damage to the body- temporary or permanent
Do benign tumors cause adverse effects on the body? → Inherited Disorders
What are some things that are different about cancer cells? → they have large nuclei that carries more DNA than a normal cell. bizarre appearance and abnormal numbers of chromosomes.
What is the leading treatment for cancer? → surgery - important to get tumor before metastisis
What does metatasize mean? → when a cancer cell separates from the parent tumor and travels to other parts of the body