5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What other factors are important in considering if someone is dead?
- What does metatasize mean?
- What are the two steps of cancer development
- What are some things that are different about cancer cells?
- What are organic disorders?
- a initiation and promotion
- b heartbeat and breathing
- c when a cancer cell separates from the parent tumor and travels to other parts of the body
- d -a deficiency disease that results from improper nourishment such as a lack of vitamins
-Chemical poisoning or radiation sickness due to exposure to environment.
-other disorders such as gallstones, kidney stones, nervous disorders only partially understood,
- e they have large nuclei that carries more DNA than a normal cell. bizarre appearance and abnormal numbers of chromosomes.
5 Multiple choice questions
- carcinogenic chemicals
- -attributed to waste accumulation in the cells - lipofuscin
-aging programmed into body genetically
-aging and the length of telomeres the ends of chromosomes
- any affliction not caused by a pathogen
- yes they do they can obstruct organs from working properly or cutt off blood supply and need to be surgically removed
- Benign tumors and Cancer
5 True/False questions
What are benign tumors? → cells stop functioning normally and grow a structure different than the tissue it originated from. The abnormal growth is called a tumor. Benign tumors are walled off from the rest of the body
What does radiation uses? → Xrays- radioactive isotopes to destroy cancer cells that are localized
What do we call a tumor whose growth is extremely rapid and chaotic? → surgery, radiation, chemotherapy
What is the leading treatment for cancer? → carcinogenic chemicals
What are three major groups of disorders? → Inherited Disorders