5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Do benign tumors cause adverse effects on the body?
- What is a disorder?
- What are the three primary methods of treating cancer?
- What does radiation uses?
- What are benign tumors?
- a Xrays- radioactive isotopes to destroy cancer cells that are localized
- b cells stop functioning normally and grow a structure different than the tissue it originated from. The abnormal growth is called a tumor. Benign tumors are walled off from the rest of the body
- c surgery, radiation, chemotherapy
- d yes they do they can obstruct organs from working properly or cutt off blood supply and need to be surgically removed
- e any affliction not caused by a pathogen
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Benign tumors and Cancer
- physical damage to the body- temporary or permanent
- they have large nuclei that carries more DNA than a normal cell. bizarre appearance and abnormal numbers of chromosomes.
- the science of aging
- initiation and promotion
5 True/False Questions
What is chemotherapy? → brain activity is the leading indicator of life - if an organisms brain is functioning it is considered alive - clinically dead if no electric activity in the brain
What is death? → Same as for bacteria but the cancer cells are what the doctors aim to get rid of.
What do we call a tumor whose growth is extremely rapid and chaotic? → surgery, radiation, chemotherapy
What other factors are important in considering if someone is dead? → -a deficiency disease that results from improper nourishment such as a lack of vitamins
-Chemical poisoning or radiation sickness due to exposure to environment.
-other disorders such as gallstones, kidney stones, nervous disorders only partially understood,
What is the leading treatment for cancer? → surgery - important to get tumor before metastisis