5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What are the three primary methods of treating cancer?
- What is gerontology>
- What are inherited disorders?
- What are some things that are different about cancer cells?
- Two major organic disorders are...
- a direct result of an inherited gene or inherited tendency for a disorder
- b they have large nuclei that carries more DNA than a normal cell. bizarre appearance and abnormal numbers of chromosomes.
- c the science of aging
- d surgery, radiation, chemotherapy
- e Benign tumors and Cancer
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Inherited Disorders
- -attributed to waste accumulation in the cells - lipofuscin
-aging programmed into body genetically
-aging and the length of telomeres the ends of chromosomes
- -a deficiency disease that results from improper nourishment such as a lack of vitamins
-Chemical poisoning or radiation sickness due to exposure to environment.
-other disorders such as gallstones, kidney stones, nervous disorders only partially understood,
- heartbeat and breathing
- initiation and promotion
5 True/False Questions
What does metatasize mean? → when a cancer cell separates from the parent tumor and travels to other parts of the body
What are benign tumors? → physical damage to the body- temporary or permanent
What do we call a tumor whose growth is extremely rapid and chaotic? → surgery, radiation, chemotherapy
What are three ways initiation occurs? → carcinogenic chemicals
What does radiation uses? → Xrays- radioactive isotopes to destroy cancer cells that are localized