Chapter 10C-3 Disorders
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What are three major groups of disorders?
- What does metatasize mean?
- What are organic disorders?
- What are inherited disorders?
- What does radiation uses?
- a Inherited Disorders
- b Xrays- radioactive isotopes to destroy cancer cells that are localized
- c when a cancer cell separates from the parent tumor and travels to other parts of the body
- d direct result of an inherited gene or inherited tendency for a disorder
- e -a deficiency disease that results from improper nourishment such as a lack of vitamins
-Chemical poisoning or radiation sickness due to exposure to environment.
-other disorders such as gallstones, kidney stones, nervous disorders only partially understood,
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- they have large nuclei that carries more DNA than a normal cell. bizarre appearance and abnormal numbers of chromosomes.
- physical damage to the body- temporary or permanent
- Same as for bacteria but the cancer cells are what the doctors aim to get rid of.
- the science of aging
- Malignant or Cancer
5 True/False Questions
What is death? → brain activity is the leading indicator of life - if an organisms brain is functioning it is considered alive - clinically dead if no electric activity in the brain
What is a disorder? → brain activity is the leading indicator of life - if an organisms brain is functioning it is considered alive - clinically dead if no electric activity in the brain
What are three ways initiation occurs? → carcinogenic chemicals
What are some of the theories of why we age? → Inherited Disorders
What other factors are important in considering if someone is dead? → -attributed to waste accumulation in the cells - lipofuscin
-aging programmed into body genetically
-aging and the length of telomeres the ends of chromosomes