7 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- Cells take-up, use and/or store _______.
- Approx 4hrs post meal
- NUTRIENTS in blood come (directly) from GUT.
- Glucose = primary energy souce
- Amino acids, fats, and excess sugars stored (in liver, fat cells, muscle)
- Insulin controls the transporter level in ALL TISSUES EXCEPT the _____.
- _______ induces liver to release _______ into blood to feed the brain.
- Carbohydrate = 4.5 KCal/gm 36 ATP/ glucose (6carbon)
Lipid = 9.4 KCal/gm 46 ATP/ 6-carbon
Protein = 4.5 KCal/gm ~36 ATP/ 6-carbon AA
- Falling blood glucose (e.g. post-absorptive) induces _______ production by pancreas
6 True/False questions
liver → Cells take-up, use and/or store _______.
Glycolysis → 1) Glucose converted into two PYRUVATE
2) ATP yield EXCEEDS ATP use
3) Lactic acid produced and NAD recycled in anaerobic glycolysis
pancreas → The Absorptive phase increase in blood glucose induces Insulin production by the _______.
Beta-Oxidation of lipid → Include the absorptive phase and post-absorptive phase.
Electron Transport Chain → 1) Extracts electron energy
2) Produces ATP
3) Uses molecular O2, and yields water
Post-Absorptive Phase → In this phase:
- NUTRIENTS in blood come from INTERNAL STORES
- Fats = primary energy source
- Remaining glucose reserves spared for use by brain