7 Written Questions
6 Multiple Choice Questions
- ________ Metabolism.
- DEGRADATIVE reactions
- PRODUCE energy
- 1) Repetitive cycle
2) CO2 waste produced
3) Yields "high energy" electrons
- Include the absorptive phase and post-absorptive phase.
- 1) Occurs in mitochondria
2) requires O2
3) High energy yield
4) Lipids NOT inter-convertible to glucose
- The Absorptive phase increase in blood glucose induces Insulin production by the _______.
- _______ induces liver to release _______ into blood to feed the brain.
6 True/False Questions
glucagon → Cells take-up, use and/or store _______.
Absorptive Phase → Approx 4hrs post meal
- NUTRIENTS in blood come (directly) from GUT.
- Glucose = primary energy souce
- Amino acids, fats, and excess sugars stored (in liver, fat cells, muscle)
facilitated diffusion transporter → 1) Extracts electron energy
2) Produces ATP
3) Uses molecular O2, and yields water
Energy Yield → ________ Metabolism.
- CONSTRUCTION reactions
- REQUIRES energy
glucose → Cells take-up, use and/or store _______.
Glycolysis → 1) Glucose converted into two PYRUVATE
2) ATP yield EXCEEDS ATP use
3) Lactic acid produced and NAD recycled in anaerobic glycolysis