5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What must be done to get rid of the plague that had infested Thebes?
- How many of Euripides' plays survived?
- How many plays of Sophocles' have survived?
- Chorus roll in comedies
- a A link between the actors and the audience, not necessarily people. They could be animals or even clouds
- b 7
- c no violence on stage
- d about 18
- e The killer of the previous king had to be found
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Hung herself
- covered the whole head, included hair, eyes and slightly open mouth. Exaggerated expression, one emotion, over-sized
- Remarkable plots with fantastic adventures
- Started as 50, shrank to 12 with Aeschylus then back up to 15 with Sophocles
- 1. In large theatres normal facial expressions could not be seen, 2. may have acted as a megaphone to amplify their voices.
5 True/False Questions
The 3 tragedies Aeschylus wrote in 458 BC are known in total as what? → Oresteia
How many of Aeschylus' plays have survived? → about 18
What does the old blind seer tell Oedipus? → The seer tells Oedipus he is the murderer of the previous Theban king
What kind of comedy did Aristophanes write? → Old Comedy
How many times did Aeschylus win the City Dionysia? → 13