5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- How many of Euripides' plays survived?
- Who is the only comedy playwright whose work survived intact?
- How many of Aristophanes plays survived?
- How many plays did Sophocles write?
- How did Oedipus become king of Thebes?
- a about 18
- b 11
- c He defeated the Sphinx (answered the riddle correctly)
- d Aristophanes
- e 120
5 Multiple choice questions
- Blinds himself
- A link between the actors and the audience, not necessarily people. They could be animals or even clouds
- Started as 50, shrank to 12 with Aeschylus then back up to 15 with Sophocles
- Euripides' Cyclops
5 True/False questions
How many times did Aeschylus win the City Dionysia? → 4-5
Three things that Sophocles is responsible for → 1. introduced third actor, 2. increased chorus from 12 to 15 people, 3. introduced scene painting
Chorus → 15 men who represented a group of ordinary people (such as citizens, women or elderly men)
How many times with Sophocles win the City Dionysia? → 13
How many plays did Aeschylus write? → 120