5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- How many times did Aeschylus win the City Dionysia?
- How many times did Euripides win the City Dionysia?
- The 3 tragedies Aeschylus wrote in 458 BC are known in total as what?
- Describe the mask
- a Oresteia
- b 4-5
- c 13
- d covered the whole head, included hair, eyes and slightly open mouth. Exaggerated expression, one emotion, over-sized
- e 15 men who represented a group of ordinary people (such as citizens, women or elderly men)
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The seer tells Oedipus he is the murderer of the previous Theban king
- The killer of the previous king had to be found
- Started as 50, shrank to 12 with Aeschylus then back up to 15 with Sophocles
5 True/False Questions
The play Aristotle chose as an ideal example of Greek Tragedy → Old Comedy
How many of Aeschylus' plays have survived? → about 18
How many plays did Sophocles write? → 120
What does Iacosta do after she realizes what has happened? → Hung herself
How many plays of Sophocles' have survived? → 7