5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- How many of Aeschylus' plays have survived?
- Who is the only comedy playwright whose work survived intact?
- How many plays did Aristophanes write?
- How many times did Euripides win the City Dionysia?
- a 44
- b 15 men who represented a group of ordinary people (such as citizens, women or elderly men)
- c 4-5
- d Aristophanes
- e only 7 complete plays survived
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Old Comedy
- An oracle told him he would kill his father and marry his mother
- The killer of the previous king had to be found
- Sophocles' Oedipus the King
5 True/False Questions
How many plays did Sophocles write? → 120
Materials used to make masks → Linen, cork and wood
How did Oedipus become king of Thebes? → He defeated the Sphinx (answered the riddle correctly)
How many plays did Aeschylus write? → 70
Example of deux ex machina in Euripides Medea → He defeated the Sphinx (answered the riddle correctly)