5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Three things that Sophocles is responsible for
- Describe Aristophanes' plays
- How did Oedipus kill his father and marry his mother?
- How many plays of Sophocles' have survived?
- How many times did Euripides win the City Dionysia?
- a 1. introduced third actor, 2. increased chorus from 12 to 15 people, 3. introduced scene painting
- b 4-5
- c Laius and Iacosta's baby was saved by shepherds after it had been left to die in the mountains. He was raised in Corinth and later killed Laius and married Iacosta after he defeated the sphinx.
- d Remarkable plots with fantastic adventures
- e 7
5 Multiple choice questions
- Hung herself
- He defeated the Sphinx (answered the riddle correctly)
- covered the whole head, included hair, eyes and slightly open mouth. Exaggerated expression, one emotion, over-sized
- a person who writes plays
- Woman who murders her children is carried away in a chariot pulled by dragons
5 True/False questions
The play Aristotle chose as an ideal example of Greek Tragedy → Old Comedy
What does the old blind seer tell Oedipus? → Euripides' Cyclops
Chorus roll in comedies → A link between the actors and the audience, not necessarily people. They could be animals or even clouds
Materials used to make masks → 1. In large theatres normal facial expressions could not be seen, 2. may have acted as a megaphone to amplify their voices.
What must be done to get rid of the plague that had infested Thebes? → The killer of the previous king had to be found