5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What kind of comedy did Aristophanes write?
- How many times with Sophocles win the City Dionysia?
- How many of Aeschylus' plays have survived?
- What must be done to get rid of the plague that had infested Thebes?
- a The killer of the previous king had to be found
- b 18
- c 15 men who represented a group of ordinary people (such as citizens, women or elderly men)
- d only 7 complete plays survived
- e Old Comedy
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- covered the whole head, included hair, eyes and slightly open mouth. Exaggerated expression, one emotion, over-sized
- He defeated the Sphinx (answered the riddle correctly)
- Sophocles' Oedipus the King
5 True/False Questions
Reasons actors wore masks → 1. In large theatres normal facial expressions could not be seen, 2. may have acted as a megaphone to amplify their voices.
How many of Aristophanes plays survived? → about 18
How many times did Aeschylus win the City Dionysia? → 4-5
How did the size of the chorus change over time? → He defeated the Sphinx (answered the riddle correctly)
Why Oedipus leave Corinth → An oracle told him he would kill his father and marry his mother