5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- How did Oedipus become king of Thebes?
- How many of Aristophanes plays survived?
- What did Oedipus do after he discovered the truth?
- a no violence on stage
- b He defeated the Sphinx (answered the riddle correctly)
- c a person who writes plays
- d Blinds himself
- e 11
5 Multiple choice questions
- spectacular effects, serious dancing and exciting descriptions of battles
- An oracle told him he would kill his father and marry his mother
- Started as 50, shrank to 12 with Aeschylus then back up to 15 with Sophocles
5 True/False questions
How many plays did Aristophanes write? → 120
What does Iacosta do after she realizes what has happened? → Blinds himself
Example of deux ex machina in Euripides Medea → He defeated the Sphinx (answered the riddle correctly)
What must be done to get rid of the plague that had infested Thebes? → The killer of the previous king had to be found
The play Aristotle chose as an ideal example of Greek Tragedy → Old Comedy