5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- How many of Euripides' plays survived?
- The 3 tragedies Aeschylus wrote in 458 BC are known in total as what?
- Example of deux ex machina in Euripides Medea
- How did Oedipus kill his father and marry his mother?
- a Laius and Iacosta's baby was saved by shepherds after it had been left to die in the mountains. He was raised in Corinth and later killed Laius and married Iacosta after he defeated the sphinx.
- b Oresteia
- c Woman who murders her children is carried away in a chariot pulled by dragons
- d about 18
- e no violence on stage
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Euripides' Cyclops
- He defeated the Sphinx (answered the riddle correctly)
- Linen, cork and wood
- A link between the actors and the audience, not necessarily people. They could be animals or even clouds
- Blinds himself
5 True/False Questions
Describe Aristophanes' plays → Remarkable plots with fantastic adventures
How many of Aristophanes plays survived? → 11
The play Aristotle chose as an ideal example of Greek Tragedy → Sophocles' Oedipus the King
What does Iacosta do after she realizes what has happened? → Hung herself
How many plays did Sophocles write? → 120