5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Chorus roll in comedies
- Describe Aristophanes' plays
- Example of deux ex machina in Euripides Medea
- How many plays did Aristophanes write?
- What kind of comedy did Aristophanes write?
- a Old Comedy
- b Woman who murders her children is carried away in a chariot pulled by dragons
- c Remarkable plots with fantastic adventures
- d 44
- e A link between the actors and the audience, not necessarily people. They could be animals or even clouds
5 Multiple choice questions
- Sophocles' Oedipus the King
- covered the whole head, included hair, eyes and slightly open mouth. Exaggerated expression, one emotion, over-sized
5 True/False questions
How many of Euripides' plays survived? → 11
Reasons actors wore masks → 1. In large theatres normal facial expressions could not be seen, 2. may have acted as a megaphone to amplify their voices.
Why Oedipus leave Corinth → An oracle told him he would kill his father and marry his mother
How many of Aristophanes plays survived? → 11
Chorus → no violence on stage