5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What does the old blind seer tell Oedipus?
- What kind of comedy did Aristophanes write?
- Materials used to make masks
- a a person who writes plays
- b The seer tells Oedipus he is the murderer of the previous Theban king
- c Old Comedy
- d no violence on stage
- e Linen, cork and wood
5 Multiple choice questions
- A link between the actors and the audience, not necessarily people. They could be animals or even clouds
- Started as 50, shrank to 12 with Aeschylus then back up to 15 with Sophocles
- Sophocles' Oedipus the King
5 True/False questions
How did Oedipus kill his father and marry his mother? → Laius and Iacosta's baby was saved by shepherds after it had been left to die in the mountains. He was raised in Corinth and later killed Laius and married Iacosta after he defeated the sphinx.
How many plays did Aeschylus write? → 70
Example of deux ex machina in Euripides Medea → He defeated the Sphinx (answered the riddle correctly)
Reasons actors wore masks → covered the whole head, included hair, eyes and slightly open mouth. Exaggerated expression, one emotion, over-sized
The 3 tragedies Aeschylus wrote in 458 BC are known in total as what? → 13