5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- How many times did Euripides win the City Dionysia?
- What did Oedipus do after he discovered the truth?
- Describe the mask
- The 3 tragedies Aeschylus wrote in 458 BC are known in total as what?
- How did Oedipus become king of Thebes?
- a Blinds himself
- b covered the whole head, included hair, eyes and slightly open mouth. Exaggerated expression, one emotion, over-sized
- c Oresteia
- d 4-5
- e He defeated the Sphinx (answered the riddle correctly)
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Old Comedy
- 1. introduced third actor, 2. increased chorus from 12 to 15 people, 3. introduced scene painting
- Woman who murders her children is carried away in a chariot pulled by dragons
- The seer tells Oedipus he is the murderer of the previous Theban king
5 True/False Questions
How many plays did Aeschylus write? → 120
How many plays of Sophocles' have survived? → 7
Reasons actors wore masks → covered the whole head, included hair, eyes and slightly open mouth. Exaggerated expression, one emotion, over-sized
Describe Aristophanes' plays → Remarkable plots with fantastic adventures
Materials used to make masks → 1. In large theatres normal facial expressions could not be seen, 2. may have acted as a megaphone to amplify their voices.