5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What was an area of study that Eurpoeans were interested in but Qing China was not?
- Indonesia ruler
- Matteo Ricci
- singapore ruler
- Ottoman Empire
- a Turkish Empire established in Asia Minor. Expanding through Middle East and balkins. Concurred Constantinople. In 1453 it ended the Byzantine Empire.
- b Jesuit Priest who made a positive impression on Ming China; was an Italian Jesuit priest, and one of the founding figures of the Jesuit China Mission
- c Netherlands
- d hard sciences and technology
- e Britian
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- China wanted more people, but Japan wanted to stick to customs.
- a mountainous republic in southeastern Asia on the Bay of Bengal
- brought to Russia to marry Peter the III. A great czar of Russia. Feudalism expanded under her rule.
- The capital city of medieval Japan.
- Capitol city of Russia built by Peter the Great. It was on the coast of the Baltic Sea and considered Russia's window to the West and is a symbol of Peter's desire to westernize.
5 True/False Questions
Forbidden City → Where the emperor of Ming dynasty lived.Beijing. a
city in China that was restricted to everyone but the royal family.
Matthew Perry → came to Japan with his naval fleet in 1853 & would begin to enter the "modern world"; forced open their trade
Peter the Great → brought to Russia to marry Peter the III. A great czar of Russia. Feudalism expanded under her rule.
Tokyo → Capital of Japan
Prussia → Christian missionaries to Japan and punished to death for spreading the word.