5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Compared with identical twins, fraternal twins are ________ similar in neuroticism and ________ similar in risk of divorcing.
A) more; less
B) less; more
C) more; more
D) less; less
- One variation in the autism spectrum is characterized by normal intelligence, often accompanied by exceptional skill in a particular area, but deficient social and communication skills. This disorder is called
B) infantile amnesia.
C) Alzheimer's disease.
D) Asperger syndrome
- Alcohol consumption tends to
A) decrease self-awareness and increase impulse control.
B) increase self-awareness and decrease impulse control.
C) increase self-awareness and increase impulse control.
D) decrease self-awareness and decrease impulse control.
- The Russian psychologist Vygotsky suggested that children's ability to solve problems is enhanced by
A) basic trust.
B) interaction with the social environment
- Amphetamines are to ________ as barbiturates are to ________.
A) hallucinogens; depressants
B) stimulants; depressants
C) hallucinogens; stimulants
D) stimulants; hallucinogens
- a D) decrease self-awareness and decrease impulse control.
- b B) interaction with the social environment
- c D) less; less
- d D) Asperger syndrome
- e B) stimulants; depressants
5 Multiple choice questions
- B) dopamine
- B) heightened openness to suggestion.
- C) behavior genetics.
- D) all of these: extraversion, neuroticism, temperament
- D) identical twins raised together with identical twins raised apart
5 True/False questions
By decreasing REM sleep, alcohol consumption disrupts the processing of recent experiences into long-term memory. This disruption occurs because REM sleep
A) helps fix the day's experiences into permanent memories.
B) triggers the release of melatonin.
C) enhances metabolic and hormonal functioning.
D) relaxes muscles while other body systems are active. → C) set of genetic material in an organism's chromosomes.
Which drugs are most likely to be prescribed as tranquilizers?
D) opiates → A) gain social acceptance.
Amphetamines ________ appetite and ________ self-confidence.
A) decrease; increase
B) increase; decrease
C) increase; increase
D) decrease; decrease → C) decreases; decreases
The cocktail party effect provides an example of
A) choice blindness.
B) serial processing.
C) selective attention.
D) explicit memory. → A) genes.
Assessing possible links between specific chromosome segments and alcohol dependence would be of greatest interest to a(n)
A) evolutionary psychologist.
B) molecular geneticist.
D) social learning theoris → B) molecular geneticist.