5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Our inability to consciously process all the sensory information available to us at any single point in time best illustrates the necessity of
A) explicit memory.
B) selective attention.
C) implicit memory.
D) change blindness.
- Difficult babies with an intense and highly reactive temperament tend to be
A) intelligent and imaginative.
B) irritable and unpredictable.
C) fearless and assertive.
D) extraverted and cheerful.
- Dmitry Belyaev and Lyudmila Trut successfully domesticated wild foxes by means of
B) selective mating.
C) gene splicing.
D) hormone injections.
- The use of barbiturates ________ anxiety and ________ nervous system activity.
A) increases; decreases
B) decreases; increases
C) decreases; decreases
D) increases; increases
- When Tommy's mother hides his favorite toy under a blanket, he acts as though it no longer exists and makes no attempt to retrieve it. Tommy is clearly near the beginning of Piaget's ________ stage.
B) formal operational
C) concrete operational
- a C) decreases; decreases
- b B) irritable and unpredictable.
- c B) selective attention
- d B) selective mating.
- e A) sensorimotor
5 Multiple choice questions
- C) mere exposure.
- A) genes.
- B) stimulants; depressants
- D) delta waves
- D) home environment than by peers.
5 True/False questions
Every nongenetic influence, from prenatal nutrition to the people and things around us, in an aspect of our
D) natural selection. → D) identical twins raised together with identical twins raised apart
Chronic sleep deprivation is likely to
A) promote obesity and facilitate memory.
B) inhibit obesity and impair memory.
C) promote obesity and impair memory.
D) inhibit obesity and facilitate memory. → A) gain social acceptance.
Depending on environmental conditions, specific genes can be either
A) proteins or chemicals.
B) active or inactive.
C) identical or fraternal.
D) structured or unstructured. → B) sensitivity to pain
The human sleep cycle repeats itself about every
A) 30 minutes.
B) 90 minutes.
C) 2 1/2 hours.
D) 4 hours. → A) genes.
The cocktail party effect provides an example of
A) choice blindness.
B) serial processing.
C) selective attention.
D) explicit memory. → C) selective attention.