5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Environmental influences on personality traits are most clearly highlighted by comparing
A) identical twins raised apart with fraternal twins raised apart.
B) identical twins raised together with fraternal twins raised together.
C) identical twins raised apart with fraternal twins raised together.
D) identical twins raised together with identical twins raised apart.
- An impaired theory of mind is most closely associated with
A) the concept of conservation.
B) concrete operational thought.
C) infantile amnesia.
- According to Piaget, egocentrism refers to
A) a sensorimotor need for self-stimulation, as evidenced in thumb sucking.
B) young children's exaggerated interest in themselves and their own pleasure.
C) the difficulty perceiving things from another person's point of view.
D) the difficulty realizing that things continue to exist even when they are not visible
- The circadian rhythm is influenced by light-sensitive retinal proteins that trigger signals to the
A) suprachiasmatic nucleus.
C) thyroid gland.
D) sleep spindles.
- Although identical twins have been shown to have some amazing psychological similarities, one should be cautious about attributing these similarities to genetic factors because
A) the twins may have been raised in completely different environments.
B) genetic factors influence physical, not psychological, characteristics.
C) any two strangers are likely to share a string of coincidental similarities.
D) many fraternal twins have been shown to be psychologically different from each other.
- a C) the difficulty perceiving things from another person's point of view
- b D) autism.
- c D) identical twins raised together with identical twins raised apart
- d C) any two strangers are likely to share a string of coincidental similarities.
- e A) suprachiasmatic nucleus.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- B) concrete operational
- D) home environment than by peers.
- C) mere exposure.
- D) change blindness
- C) set of genetic material in an organism's chromosomes.
5 True/False Questions
The release of stored serotonin and the eventual damage of serotonin-producing neurons is most closely associated with the long-term use of
D) barbiturates. → D) the environment.
Infants develop a fear of strangers at about 8 months of age because they can't assimilate unfamiliar faces into their
C) theory of mind.
D) self-concept. → A) schemas
You spend about half your night in stage __ sleep.
D) 4 → B) 2
Assessing possible links between specific chromosome segments and alcohol dependence would be of greatest interest to a(n)
A) evolutionary psychologist.
B) molecular geneticist.
D) social learning theoris → B) molecular geneticist.
Depending on environmental conditions, specific genes can be either
A) proteins or chemicals.
B) active or inactive.
C) identical or fraternal.
D) structured or unstructured. → B) barbiturates