5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Colorful Language
- a a new word crated by joining together two old ones.
- b precise and lively words and phrases that help to create clear pictures in the reader's mind.
- c Poets use colorful, vivid language and figures of speech to create _____.
- d the feeling or emotion the writer creates in a literary word.
- e more than one use of a sound, word, or phrase.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- this is created through the used of rhyme, rhythm, alliteration, assonance, onomatopoeia, and repetition.
- describing something not human as if it were human.
- language meant to be understood imaginatively instead of literally.
- figure of speech in which one thing is spoken or written about as if it were another.
- The use of words or phrases like meow of beep that sound like what they name.
5 True/False Questions
image → Poets use colorful, vivid language and figures of speech to create _____.
symbol → a thing that stands for or represents both itself and something else.
Alliteration → more than one use of a sound, word, or phrase.
descriptions → a type of writing that portrays a character, object, or scene.
rhyme → the pattern of beats in a line of poetry or prose.