5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- figure of speech
- sensory details
- a a new word crated by joining together two old ones.
- b words and phrases that describe how things look, sound, smell, taste and feel.
- c Poets use colorful, vivid language and figures of speech to create _____.
- d language meant to be understood imaginatively instead of literally.
- e repetition of sounds at the ends of words (locks, box, and socks.)
5 Multiple choice questions
- a thing that stands for or represents both itself and something else.
- this is created through the used of rhyme, rhythm, alliteration, assonance, onomatopoeia, and repetition.
- comparison using like or as.
- more than one use of a sound, word, or phrase.
- repetition of vowel sounds in stressed syllables that end in different consonant sounds (Lime,Light.)
5 True/False questions
Mood → the feeling or emotion the writer creates in a literary word.
Metaphor → the feeling or emotion the writer creates in a literary word.
image → a language that creates a concrete representation of an object or an experience.
Colorful Language → repetition of vowel sounds in stressed syllables that end in different consonant sounds (Lime,Light.)
concrete poem → one with a shape that suggests its subject.