5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What was the Proskenian?
- What were the actors called?
- Give an example for all three unites
- What was the orchestra?
- What did the chorus do?
- a Place- messenger, to tell when a scene changed. Time- sentry telling what had happened.
Action- the plot of Antigone is simple, which is the price antigone has to make for defying mortal law and obeying moral law.
- b The dancing place
- c Chanted and moved together, gave background information, offered reflection on actions (audience or conscience), and prayed or honored the gods.
- d 1st- protagonist because he starts or drives the action, 2nd- deuteragonist
- e backdrop/scenery
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- entry-way (parade)
- The changing hut
5 True/False Questions
What did Sophocles contribute to plays? → He added the 3rd actor and added the idea of painted scenery.
What was the theatron → It was the altar to Dionysis
What god did they honor in theater? → Dionysis
What was the Thymele? → The changing hut
What was Sophocles? → The changing hut