5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What were the actors called?
- What did the chorus do?
- What was the theatron
- What was the Paradose?
- Who was in the chorus?
- a 15 men about to go into war.
- b entry-way (parade)
- c 1st- protagonist because he starts or drives the action, 2nd- deuteragonist
- d Chanted and moved together, gave background information, offered reflection on actions (audience or conscience), and prayed or honored the gods.
- e the watching place where people stood
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Place- messenger, to tell when a scene changed. Time- sentry telling what had happened.
Action- the plot of Antigone is simple, which is the price antigone has to make for defying mortal law and obeying moral law.
- A face mask with a smile or frown to show emotions, and symbolically collared robes (ex. white-purity, black-bad)
- Elizabethan age (17th century)
5 True/False Questions
What was an ancient Greek actor called? → 1st- protagonist because he starts or drives the action, 2nd- deuteragonist
What was the orchestra? → the watching place where people stood
What was the Proskenian? → backdrop/scenery
What are the three unities? → It was the altar to Dionysis
How many men were in the chorus? → 15