5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What was the Thymele?
- How many actors were on stage at once?
- What was the orchestra?
- What was the theatron
- What was the Skene?
- a the watching place where people stood
- b 3
- c The changing hut
- d The dancing place
- e It was the altar to Dionysis
5 Multiple choice questions
- Elizabethan age (17th century)
- He added the 3rd actor and added the idea of painted scenery.
- hypocrite because he would "play roles"
- Place- one location, time- 24 hours, action- single simple plot.
- 15 men about to go into war.
5 True/False questions
What did the word "tragedy" mean? → Chanted and moved together, gave background information, offered reflection on actions (audience or conscience), and prayed or honored the gods.
How many men were in the chorus? → 15
What did the ancient greeks wear as costumes? → A face mask with a smile or frown to show emotions, and symbolically collared robes (ex. white-purity, black-bad)
What was tragedy in Greek? → It was the altar to Dionysis
What were the actors called? → 1st- protagonist because he starts or drives the action, 2nd- deuteragonist