5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What did Sophocles contribute to plays?
- What did the chorus do?
- Till when did only men act?
- What are the three unities?
- What was the theatron
- a Elizabethan age (17th century)
- b the watching place where people stood
- c Chanted and moved together, gave background information, offered reflection on actions (audience or conscience), and prayed or honored the gods.
- d Place- one location, time- 24 hours, action- single simple plot.
- e He added the 3rd actor and added the idea of painted scenery.
5 Multiple choice questions
- a playwright- (496-406)
- Place- messenger, to tell when a scene changed. Time- sentry telling what had happened.
Action- the plot of Antigone is simple, which is the price antigone has to make for defying mortal law and obeying moral law.
- The dancing place
- 15 men about to go into war.
5 True/False questions
What was tragedy in Greek? → Traegodio
What was the Paradose? → entry-way (parade)
What were the actors called? → 1st- protagonist because he starts or drives the action, 2nd- deuteragonist
What did the word "tragedy" mean? → goat song
How many actors were on stage at once? → 3