← Greek Theater Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What did Sophocles contribute to plays?
- What was the orchestra?
- How many actors were on stage at once?
- What was tragedy in Greek?
- What did the chorus do?
- a The dancing place
- b Chanted and moved together, gave background information, offered reflection on actions (audience or conscience), and prayed or honored the gods.
- c Traegodio
- d 3
- e He added the 3rd actor and added the idea of painted scenery.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- a playwright- (496-406)
- hypocrite because he would "play roles"
- Place- one location, time- 24 hours, action- single simple plot.
- A face mask with a smile or frown to show emotions, and symbolically collared robes (ex. white-purity, black-bad)
5 True/False Questions
What was the Paradose? → entry-way (parade)
What was the lead chorus member called? → 1st- protagonist because he starts or drives the action, 2nd- deuteragonist
Till when did only men act? → Elizabethan age (17th century)
What were the actors called? → 1st- protagonist because he starts or drives the action, 2nd- deuteragonist
What was the Thymele? → The changing hut