5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What was the Paradose?
- What were the actors called?
- Till when did only men act?
- What are the three unities?
- How many actors were on stage at once?
- a Elizabethan age (17th century)
- b Place- one location, time- 24 hours, action- single simple plot.
- c 1st- protagonist because he starts or drives the action, 2nd- deuteragonist
- d 3
- e entry-way (parade)
5 Multiple choice questions
- Place- messenger, to tell when a scene changed. Time- sentry telling what had happened.
Action- the plot of Antigone is simple, which is the price antigone has to make for defying mortal law and obeying moral law.
- Chanted and moved together, gave background information, offered reflection on actions (audience or conscience), and prayed or honored the gods.
- It was the altar to Dionysis
- The changing hut
5 True/False questions
What did Sophocles contribute to plays? → He added the 3rd actor and added the idea of painted scenery.
What was the orchestra? → The dancing place
How many men were in the chorus? → 15
What was tragedy in Greek? → It was the altar to Dionysis
Who was in the chorus? → Chanted and moved together, gave background information, offered reflection on actions (audience or conscience), and prayed or honored the gods.