5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What were the actors called?
- How many men were in the chorus?
- What did the ancient greeks wear as costumes?
- What was an ancient Greek actor called?
- What was the theatron
- a 15
- b the watching place where people stood
- c A face mask with a smile or frown to show emotions, and symbolically collared robes (ex. white-purity, black-bad)
- d 1st- protagonist because he starts or drives the action, 2nd- deuteragonist
- e hypocrite because he would "play roles"
5 Multiple choice questions
- Elizabethan age (17th century)
- 15 men about to go into war.
5 True/False questions
Give an example for all three unites → Place- one location, time- 24 hours, action- single simple plot.
What was the Skene? → The changing hut
What was the Thymele? → It was the altar to Dionysis
What did Sophocles contribute to plays? → Chanted and moved together, gave background information, offered reflection on actions (audience or conscience), and prayed or honored the gods.
What god did they honor in theater? → Dionysis