← Greek Theater Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Who was in the chorus?
- What was the Proskenian?
- What was an ancient Greek actor called?
- What was the Paradose?
- What did the ancient greeks wear as costumes?
- a hypocrite because he would "play roles"
- b backdrop/scenery
- c entry-way (parade)
- d A face mask with a smile or frown to show emotions, and symbolically collared robes (ex. white-purity, black-bad)
- e 15 men about to go into war.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The dancing place
- Place- one location, time- 24 hours, action- single simple plot.
- goat song
5 True/False Questions
Give an example for all three unites → Place- one location, time- 24 hours, action- single simple plot.
What were the actors called? → It was the altar to Dionysis
What did the chorus do? → Chanted and moved together, gave background information, offered reflection on actions (audience or conscience), and prayed or honored the gods.
What was tragedy in Greek? → Traegodio
Till when did only men act? → backdrop/scenery