← Greek Theater Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Till when did only men act?
- What was the orchestra?
- What was tragedy in Greek?
- What are the three unities?
- What was Sophocles?
- a a playwright- (496-406)
- b Elizabethan age (17th century)
- c The dancing place
- d Place- one location, time- 24 hours, action- single simple plot.
- e Traegodio
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- entry-way (parade)
- Chanted and moved together, gave background information, offered reflection on actions (audience or conscience), and prayed or honored the gods.
- The changing hut
5 True/False Questions
What did Sophocles contribute to plays? → He added the 3rd actor and added the idea of painted scenery.
What was an ancient Greek actor called? → hypocrite because he would "play roles"
How many actors were on stage at once? → 15
What were the actors called? → Place- one location, time- 24 hours, action- single simple plot.
What was the Proskenian? → The changing hut