5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The more energy a wave has the greater is its what?
- Increasing the frequency of a wave decreases what?
- When is a mechanical wave created?
- Transverse Waves
- a when a source of energy causes a vibration to travel through a medium
- b amplitude
- c a wave that causes the medium to vibrate at right angles to the direction in which the wave travels
- d it's wavelength
- e the time required for one cycle, a complete motion that returns to its starting point
5 Multiple choice questions
- an area, where the particles in a medium are spaced closed together
- the lowest point below the rest position
- the frequency of the vibrating source producing the wave
- disturbance in matter that carries energy from one place
- number of complete cycels in a give time
5 True/False questions
Wavelength → number of complete cycels in a give time
Medium → the material through wich a wave travels
Speed of waves → speed=wavelength X frequency
Periodic Motion → an area where the particles are spaced out
Suface Wave → a wave that travels along a surface separating the medium