5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- ADHD is treated with...
- Bonus point about Ketamine?
- What type of drug is Clozapine?
- What are the SS of neuroleptic malignant syndrome?
- Name several aminoglycoside antibiotics
- a Gentamycin
- b Can be used when we need to set compound fractures or dressing burns in Children, as the patient does not need to be fully put out.
- c The prototypical Atypical Antipsychotic!
It Blocks D2C receptors, which are located in the mesolimbic/mesocortical system and not the nigrostriatal system, so it works on the mood problem without affecting movement.
- d FEVER!
Rigidity of Muscles
- e Methylphenidate
Amphetamines like Dexedrine
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Ecstacy! Dehydration or renal failure
- Works primarily by inhibiting Serotonin reuptake!
- Acetylation which inactivates the drug.
5 True/False Questions
Uses of Terbinafine? → Blocks peptidoglycan synthesis
List the bacterial protein synthesis inhibitors! → Gentamycin
What are two general rules about the MAC value for Inhaled Anesthetics? → The more lipid soluble the anesthetic, the lower the MAC and the Greater the Potency
MAC values are additive
MAC values are lower in the elderly and in the present of sedative hypnotics
What is the only drug that can prevent the introduction of negative supercoils? → NALOXONE!
Do NOT give O2 as the Mu receptors have knocked out the central respiratory control center in the Medulla that causes respiration in high CO2 states. Now the only reason the pt is breathing is because of the low O2 sensed by the carotid body
MOA of bacitracin? → Blocks peptidoglycan synthesis