5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Beneficial Uses of Bacteria
- Louis Pasteur
- Joseph Lister
- a The first doctor to prove that the sterilization of instruments and bandages prevents death from infection.
- b (Just a few examples)-Yogurt cultures, fermentation, aiding in decomposition, the release of elements such as carbon and nitrogen, the production of cheese.
- c To introduce a micro-organism onto an agar plate
- d Microscopic-sized organisms, like bacteria, viruses or fungi.
- e A French scientist who lived in the 1800's. He proved that anthrax vaccines protect sheep from anthrax. He invented the process of pasteurization, and theorized about the process of sterilization.
5 Multiple choice questions
- released by fungi in reproduction
- To grow microorganisms in a nutrient medium like agar
- Gel-like substance used for growing bacteria, fungi, plant, or other cells
- Groups of drugs used to block the growth and reproduction of bacterial pathogens.
- a living thing that provides a source of energy for a virus or an organism
5 True/False questions
Protein coat → Surrounds a virus and is detected by the body's immune system
Immunization → The process of heating liquids at a low heat for a long period of time in order to kill microbes.
Yeast → a living thing that provides a source of energy for a virus or an organism
Virus → A tiny micorbe that invades and then reproduces inside a living cell
Sterilise → released by fungi in reproduction