← KS3 - Microbes Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Joseph Lister
- a a living thing that provides a source of energy for a virus or an organism
- b released by fungi in reproduction
- c When an attenuated pathogen is injected into the body, giving the immune system the ability to identify that pathogen in the future, creating a quicker immune response.
- d The first doctor to prove that the sterilization of instruments and bandages prevents death from infection.
- e To make free from bacteria
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- To grow microorganisms in a nutrient medium like agar
- Poisonous substance produced by bacteria inside the body
- A tiny micorbe that invades and then reproduces inside a living cell
- Anaerobic respiration carried out by microbes where sugar is broken down to release lactic acid or alcohol
5 True/False Questions
Inoculate → To introduce a micro-organism onto an agar plate
Penicillin → A group of antibiotics derived from penicillin fungi.
Protein coat → Poisonous substance produced by bacteria inside the body
Louis Pasteur → The first doctor to prove that the sterilization of instruments and bandages prevents death from infection.
Pasteurization → The process of heating liquids at a low heat for a long period of time in order to kill microbes.