5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Beneficial Uses of Bacteria
- a A group of antibiotics derived from penicillin fungi.
- b (Just a few examples)-Yogurt cultures, fermentation, aiding in decomposition, the release of elements such as carbon and nitrogen, the production of cheese.
- c A tiny micorbe that invades and then reproduces inside a living cell
- d Groups of drugs used to block the growth and reproduction of bacterial pathogens.
- e released by fungi in reproduction
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The process of heating liquids at a low heat for a long period of time in order to kill microbes.
- Anaerobic respiration carried out by microbes where sugar is broken down to release lactic acid or alcohol
- Poisonous substance produced by bacteria inside the body
- To make free from bacteria
- To grow microorganisms in a nutrient medium like agar
5 True/False Questions
Immunization → When an attenuated pathogen is injected into the body, giving the immune system the ability to identify that pathogen in the future, creating a quicker immune response.
Joseph Lister → To make free from bacteria
Hyphae → A feeding network in fungi
Inoculate → To introduce a micro-organism onto an agar plate
Yeast → a living thing that provides a source of energy for a virus or an organism