5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Beneficial Uses of Bacteria
- Protein coat
- a Surrounds a virus and is detected by the body's immune system
- b To introduce a micro-organism onto an agar plate
- c (Just a few examples)-Yogurt cultures, fermentation, aiding in decomposition, the release of elements such as carbon and nitrogen, the production of cheese.
- d Anaerobic respiration carried out by microbes where sugar is broken down to release lactic acid or alcohol
- e Microscopic-sized organisms, like bacteria, viruses or fungi.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Poisonous substance produced by bacteria inside the body
- The process of heating liquids at a low heat for a long period of time in order to kill microbes.
- To grow microorganisms in a nutrient medium like agar
- A tiny micorbe that invades and then reproduces inside a living cell
- Groups of drugs used to block the growth and reproduction of bacterial pathogens.
5 True/False questions
Host → a living thing that provides a source of energy for a virus or an organism
Joseph Lister → The first doctor to prove that the sterilization of instruments and bandages prevents death from infection.
Tanglin Trust School →
Louis Pasteur → A French scientist who lived in the 1800's. He proved that anthrax vaccines protect sheep from anthrax. He invented the process of pasteurization, and theorized about the process of sterilization.
Penicillin → To introduce a micro-organism onto an agar plate