5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Oedipus the King
- a a play by Sophocles, one of the first tragedies ever written
- b authored a famous math theorem named after himself and still used today.
- c Wrote biographies of famous Greeks and Romans
- d temple of Athena built by Pericles and designed by Ictinus & Callicrates
- e systems used as organizational tools for a culture
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- First to suggest a heliocentric universe
- Playwright who authored many famous Greek tragedies.
- Greek philosopher who was sentenced to death for leading youth astray when he taught them to question
- Hellenistic scientist & map maker who argued that the Earth was the center of the universe
- common characteristic of Classical art
5 True/False Questions
spread of Greek culture → most lasting achievement of Alexander the Great
Archimedes → tutor of Alexander the Great whose ideas were the basis for the Hellenistic world, created the scientific method, suggested monotheism.
technology → helped form a global culture by spreading ideas rapidly
systems of meaning → language, gestures, manners, and emotional responses
grandeur → ancient Roman physician who studied anatomy and circulation