2. ATP is the major energy carrier molecule in cells and is what allows you to get up out of your desk and leave the classroom.
6. When a person is performing intense physical exercise and begins to feel fatigue and a burning pain in the muscles the response of the muscles is to synthesize more.
7. Which of the following is one of the two possible fates of the two carbon molecule acetyl CoA?
8. When energy-yielding nutrients are consumed in excess which one(s) can lead to storage of fat?
9. Which of the following can be synthesized from all three energy-yielding nutrients?
10. What term is specific to reactions in which simple compounds are combined into more complex molecules?
12. Approximately what percentage of the body's energy expenditure is furnished by amino acids?
13. If the carbohydrate content of the diet is insufficient to meet the body's needs for glucose which of the following can be converted to glucose?
14. A person who exhibits a physiological need to eat is most likely experiencing the sensation of
15. After consuming a very large meal the desire to eat a slice of chocolate cake is an example of
16. Satiety is the feeling of satisfaction resulting from consumption of a meal and can last hours afterwards.
19. When an adult gains an extra 10 pounds of body weight approximately how much of this is fat?
21. In what region of the body is the storage of excess body fat associated with the highest risks for cardiovascular disease and diabetes?
24. Obesity resulting from an increase in the size of fat cells is termed hypertrophic obesity.