Materials in which electrons move freely
Materials in which electrons do not move freely
A charged particle of zero size
A field of force surrounding a charged particle
Properties of Electric charges
• The total charge in an isolated system is ___________.
• Charge is ___________.
electric flux, equal
Gauss's Law states that the net ___________ through any close gaussian surface is ___________ to the net charge inside the surface divided by epsilon 0.
zero, hollow, surface, perpendicular, surface, smallest
Properties of a conductor in electrostatic equilibrium:
1. The electric field is ___________ everwhere inside the conductor, whether the conductor is solid or ___________.
2. If the conductor is isolated and carries a charge, the charge resides on its ___________.
3. The electric field at a point just outside a charged conductor is ___________ to the surface of the conductor and has a magnitude of σ/ε, where σ is the ___________ charge density at that point.
4. On an irregularly shaped conductor, the σ is greatest at locations where the radius of curvature of the surface is ___________.
The difference in electrical charge between two points in a circuit expressed in volts
One on which all points are at the same electric potential.
Equipotential surfaces are ___________ to electric field lines