5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Light Energy
- Mass Extinction
- Metric System
- a Processing waste items so the materials they are made of can be used to make new items.
- b The passing of one object through the shadow of another
- c Is the measurement system used in all scientific investigations.
- d A form of energy that travels through space and can be seen by the human eye.
- e Extinction on a large scale, such as the extinction of the dinosaurs.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Cllimate is over a long period of time
Weather is over a shorter periord of time - changes often
- (Physical) Characteristics of a substance that can be observed, measured, or changed and used to identify matter.
- The process by which a substance goes from a liquid to a gas; the Sun drives this process by heating the water on Earth.
- an opening in Earth's crust through which lava and ash erupt
- A summary that states if your hypothesis was correct or incorrect and what the investigation showed, based on observations and data. .
5 True/False Questions
hypothesis → a relationship that explains a series of observations (and it must be testable)
Rotate → A substance that is dissolved in another substance forming a solution.
Fossil Fuel → Fuels formed millions of years ago from the remains of dead plants and animals, including coal, oil, and natural gas. (Can be remembered by using F.F. C.O.N. = Fossil Fuel Coal, Oil, Natural Gas)
solar energy → The process of obtaining useful energy from the Sun via solar panels. An inexhaustible resource.
Revolution → A mixture in which two or more substances are uniformly dissolved throughout and cannot be separated.