5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Alfred Wegener
- land features, fossils, and evidence of climate change
- a a measure of how much mass there is in a volume
- b the process by which ocean floor sinks beneath a deep-ocean trench and back into the mantle
- c heat transfer between materials or between materials that are touching
- d What did Wegener gather evidence from to support his idea of continental drift?
- e a scientist who hypothesized that all the continents were once joined together in a single landmass and have since drifted apart
5 Multiple choice questions
- What four things do each layer of earth differ in?
- heat transfer by the movement of currents within a fluid
- a dense ball of solid metal
- the super continent that joined all present-day continents together
- What evidence could Wegener not provide to support his idea?
5 True/False questions
mantle → the super continent that joined all present-day continents together
rift valley → breaks in Earth's crust where rocks have slipped past each other
outer core → a layer of molten metal that surrounds the inner core
sonar → any trace of an ancient organism that has been preserved in rock
deep-ocean trenches → a deep valley along the ocean floor beneath which oceanic crust slowly sinks toward the mantle