5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- muscles of the head and neck
- splenius muscles
- occipitofrontalis muscle
- muscles of the pharynx
- pelvic floor
- a control movements of the eyebrows, forehead, and scalp.
- b important in the initiation of the swallowing process. Muscles include the pharyngeal constrictors, palatopharyngeous, salpingopharyngeus, and stylopharyngeus, and the palatal muscles.
- c superficial layer of muscles of the spine
- d muscles involved with sight and hearing are included in this group
- e consists of urogenital diaphragm and pelvic diaphragm
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- muscles of the tongue
- control eye position and movements
- inferior, lateral, medial, superior recti, superior and inferior obliques.
- part of the occipitofrontalis muscle; control movements of eyebrows, forehead and scalp
- muscles that originate on the surface of the skull
5 True/False Questions
anterior muscles of the neck → necessary for speech and swallowing
orbicularis oris and buccinator → muscles associated with the mouth; largest group of within muscles of facial expression
axial musculature → arises from and inserts on the axial skeleton; positions the head and spinal column and moves the ribcage, which assists in the movements that make breathing possible; stablizes or moves components of the appendicular skeleton
muscles of the pelvic floor → extend from the sacrum and coccyx to the ischium and pubis
location and/or function → identity of the nerve that controls a given muscle