5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- genioglossus, hyoglossus. palatoglossus, and styloglossus
- oblique and rectus muscles
- splenius muscles
- muscles of the tongue
- The six extra-ocular eye muscles
- a inferior, lateral, medial, superior recti, superior and inferior obliques.
- b superficial layer of muscles of the spine
- c muscles of the tongue
- d muscles that lie between the vertebral column and the ventral midline
- e necessary for speech and swallowing
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- muscles that act on the mandible
- separates the abdominopelvic and thoracic cavities; important in respiration
- control the position of the larynx, depress the mandible and provide a foundation for the muscles of the tongue and pharynx
- important in the initiation of the swallowing process. Muscles include the pharyngeal constrictors, palatopharyngeous, salpingopharyngeus, and stylopharyngeus, and the palatal muscles.
- muscles that raise the soft palate
5 True/False Questions
extra-ocular eye muscles (oculomotor muscles) → inferior, lateral, medial, superior recti, superior and inferior obliques.
axial musculature → muscles that raise the soft palate
platysma → tenses skin of the neck and depresses the mandible
muscles of the pelvic floor → extend from the sacrum and coccyx to the ischium and pubis
perineum → tenses skin of the neck and depresses the mandible