5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Articles of Confederation
- Executive Branch
- Separation of Powers
- Legislative Branch
- a First U.S. Constitution - gave the states more power than Congress
- b The separation of the government's power into three branches.
- c a government in which the people elect representatives to make laws for them
- d the branch of government that makes the laws, declares war, and controls taxes.
- e branch of government that enforces the laws and controls the military.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- a group of people elected to make laws
- Senate term
- Total number of Senators
- House of Representatives term
- Each branch has powers over the others - to make sure one does not get too powerful.
5 True/False Questions
Judicial Branch → The branch of government that interprets laws and settles disputes between states.
435 → Total number of Senators
Override → The president's power to reject a bill proposed by Congress.
Impeach → To formally accuse someone (like the president) of a crime.
Constitutional Convention → A document that spells out the structure and powers of a government