5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- what are the two major phases of sleep?
- what does nonassociative learning include?
- what is electroencephalography?
- what do ventral roots carry?
- what functions arise in the cerebral cortex?
- a recordings of the electrical activity in the brain, which can vary with levels of arousal
- b higher brain functions, such as reasoning
- c imitative behaviors (such as learning a language)
- d REM (rapid eye movement) and non-REM sleep (slow-wave sleep)
- e information from the CNS to muscles and glands
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- changes in the synaptic connections of the circuits involved in learning
- by altering neurotransmission in the brain
- thalamus and hypothalamus
- in the pyramid region
- affective (emotion) and cognitive (thoughtt)
5 True/False Questions
what is sensitization? → exposure to a noxious or intense stimulus creates enhanced response on subsequent exposure
what do the diffuse modulatory systems of the reticular formation do? → diffuse collection of neurons that play a role in any basic processes
what does gray matter of the CNS consist of? → unmyelinated nerve cell bodies, dendrites, and axon terminals
what is reticular formation? → diffuse collection of neurons that play a role in any basic processes
what are the metabolic needs of the brain? → oxygen (passes freely across the BBB) and glucose