7 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- an overhead structure that carries water over long distances (Roman times)
- In the Middle ages, a written document that set out the rights and privileges of a town
- Selling of forgiveness of sins documents by the Catholic Church to raise money. The practice led to the Reformation.
- A form of government in which the people select representatives to govern them and make laws.
- In the Roman republic, one of the two powerful officials elected each year to command the army and direct the government.
- The head of the Roman Catholic Church
6 True/False questions
missionary → in feudal Europe, a person who received a grant of land from a lord in exchange for a pledge of loyalty and services
manor → Absolute ruler of an empire
divine right of kings → the belief that kings receive their power from God and are responsible only to God
polis → Greek city-state
Classical → in feudal Europe, a person who received a grant of land from a lord in exchange for a pledge of loyalty and services
revolution → a great and often violent change