7 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- an overhead structure that carries water over long distances (Roman times)
- Absolute ruler of an empire
- A large feudal estate, including the castle and often including farms and a village, ruled by a lord.
- In the Roman republic, one of the two powerful officials elected each year to command the army and direct the government.
- in feudal Europe, a person who received a grant of land from a lord in exchange for a pledge of loyalty and services
- Unwritten law that evolves from the customs and traditions of society
6 True/False questions
divine right of kings → the belief that kings receive their power from God and are responsible only to God
missionary → a person who spreads his or her religious beliefs to others
democracy → Absolute ruler of an empire
feudalism → A political system in which nobles are granted the use of lands that legally belong to their king, in exchange for their loyalty, military service, and protection of the people who live on the land
charter → A large feudal estate, including the castle and often including farms and a village, ruled by a lord.
revolution → a great and often violent change