← AP Lang Tone words Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a characterized by or expressing goodwill or kindly feelings
- b Difficult to interpret or understand; mysterious
- c affectedly grand or important
- d expressing lack of respect and hatred
- e dispassionately analytic, strictly objective
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Having a mournful quality.
- using or involving the use of a minimum of words : concise to the point of seeming rude or mysterious
- acting or speaking in a way that demonstrates a feeling of superiority/ in a patronizing way
- Expressing anger at something seen as unfair treatment
- Experiencing or exhibiting nostalgia, a sentimental or wistful yearning for the happiness felt in a former place, time, or situation.
5 True/False Questions
iconoclastic → Distinction between "right" and "wrong" in writing.
whimsical → dispassionately analytic, strictly objective
precocious → lack of seriousness or sense; carefree
ostentatious → 1. Showing obedience and submission. 2. Overly flattering in order to please or receive favor.
moralistic → Marked by or given to using irony in order to mock or convey contempt.