7 Written Questions
6 Multiple Choice Questions
- What kind of cell helps the lymphatic system "remember" an infection so that it can fight the infection better next time?
- Produces insulin, which enables glucose to enter the cells
- A group of cells that prepare and release a chemical for use by the body
- Controls the pituitary gland
- What two kinds of basic structures make up the lymphatic sytem?
- What gland produces tears?
6 True/False Questions
Pituitary → Produces hormones that control many of the endocrine glands
Thyroid → Produces a hormone that stimulates the production of T-cells
The endocrine system → What system regulates water balance and chemical levels in the blood?
Vaccine → A chemical messenger released into the bloodstream that sends signals to distant cells, causing them to change their behavior in specific ways
Hormone → A chemical messenger released into the bloodstream that sends signals to distant cells, causing them to change their behavior in specific ways
The lymphatic system → What system fights disease?