7 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- What kind of cell in the lymph nodes produce antibodies?
- Produces a hormone that destroys bone to release calcium
- What system regulates water balance and chemical levels in the blood?
- Where is lymph cleaned, in the lymph vessels or in the lymph nodes?
- Produces cortisol, which causes the liver to release glucose into the blood
- What kind of cell helps the lymphatic system "remember" an infection so that it can fight the infection better next time?
6 True/False questions
Hypothalamus → Controls the pituitary gland
Hormone → A chemical messenger released into the bloodstream that sends signals to distant cells, causing them to change their behavior in specific ways
The B-cells, the T-cells and the macrophages → What three kinds of cells in the lymph nodes fight infection?
Vaccine → A weakened or inactive version of a pathogen that stimulates the body's production of antibodies that can destroy the pathogen
Gland → A group of cells that prepare and release a chemical for use by the body
The endocrine system → What system regulates water balance and chemical levels in the blood?