7 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- What two kinds of basic structures make up the lymphatic sytem?
- What kind of cell in the lymph nodes produce antibodies?
- Produces cortisol, which causes the liver to release glucose into the blood
- A chemical messenger released into the bloodstream that sends signals to distant cells, causing them to change their behavior in specific ways
- What kind of cell helps the lymphatic system "remember" an infection so that it can fight the infection better next time?
- Controls the pituitary gland
6 True/False questions
Thyroid → Produces a hormone that stimulates the production of T-cells
In the lymph nodes → Where is lymph cleaned, in the lymph vessels or in the lymph nodes?
Thymus → Produces a hormone that stimulates the production of T-cells
Pituitary → Produces insulin, which enables glucose to enter the cells
Gland → Produces cortisol, which causes the liver to release glucose into the blood
The B-cells, the T-cells and the macrophages → What three kinds of cells in the lymph nodes fight infection?