7 Written Questions
6 Multiple Choice Questions
- Controls the pituitary gland
- Produces cortisol, which causes the liver to release glucose into the blood
- What three kinds of cells in the lymph nodes fight infection?
- A chemical messenger released into the bloodstream that sends signals to distant cells, causing them to change their behavior in specific ways
- A weakened or inactive version of a pathogen that stimulates the body's production of antibodies that can destroy the pathogen
- Produces insulin, which enables glucose to enter the cells
6 True/False Questions
The lacrimal glands → What gland produces tears?
Thymus → Produces a hormone that stimulates the production of T-cells
In the lymph nodes → What system fights disease?
Pituitary → Produces hormones that control many of the endocrine glands
Memory B-cells → What kind of cell in the lymph nodes produce antibodies?
The lymphatic system → What system fights disease?