5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Paul has an IQ of 68. He lives in his own apartment and supports himself with a job. He has many friends, goes bowling, and eats out frequently. He has no difficulty adapting to everyday life. According to the definition of mental retardation, Paul is:
A. organically retarded.
- Currently, researchers are considering all of the following as possible causes of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), EXCEPT:
- Which of the following describes what Lev Vygotsky believed about the development of thought and language?
- In general terms, the preschool child's understanding of self is:
- A parent who is very uninvolved in a child's life, showing neither responsiveness nor control, is a(n):
- a concrete.
- b Thought and language develop independently at first and merge later in development.
- c neglectful parent.
- d child abuse.
- e mildly retarded.
5 Multiple choice questions
- intelligence consists of a number of specific abilities.
- the cerebral cortex
- individualism, instrumental purpose, and exchange
- cognitive stages are the underpinnings of morality.
- universal ethical principles.
5 True/False questions
Research has found that between 70 and 80% of victims of bullying are victimized by: → moral reasoning of children.
Which of the following is an example of bilingual education in a U.S. school? → Maria's first language is Spanish, so she has a teacher who speaks Spanish during some of her classes until Maria can learn more English.
Researchers believe that after the age of 6 or 7 years, children become more reflective and less impulsive in their thinking, because they learn to pay less attention to what is _______ and more attention to what is ______. → salient; relevant
The correlation between self-esteem and school performance is: → moderate.
Females are often perceived as more emotionally expressive than males. This could be because females: → it allows children to relieve and master tension and anxiety.