5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- If you were to ask a 6-year-old child to give you another word for "fair," which of the following responses would you be most likely to get?
- Which of the following statements can best summarize the effects of early childhood education?
- Students who are high on Robert J. Sternberg's ________ intelligence tend to be favored in conventional schooling.
- Kelson is trying to help his son deal with the World Trade Center tragedy of September 11, 2001. One strategy Kelson should NOT implement is to:
- Jean Piaget's theory of cognitive development has been criticized in four areas. Which of the following is NOT one of those areas?
- a equal
- b creative.
- c allow his child to watch repeated news footage of the tragedy.
- d Early childhood education has positive effects if it is developmentally appropriate and balances foci on cognitive and socioemotional development.
- e Some cognitive abilities emerge earlier than Piaget thought.
5 Multiple choice questions
- all of these.
- emotion security theory
- initiative versus guilt.
5 True/False questions
Your best friend sideswipes a car and drives away without reporting the accident. You do not report it either, even though you worry about the owner's loss, but over the next few days, you do talk to your friend about it. Your actions suggest that you are in which of Kohlberg's moral reasoning stages? → Divorces inevitably impair children's ability to adapt to difficulties in their lives.
__________ is almost always present when other forms of child maltreatment are identified. → 10%
Overall, the effects of television on children's development are: → increase the speed of information traveling through the nerve cells.
Myelination in the brain serves to: → increase the speed of information traveling through the nerve cells.
In explaining the ability to conserve, Rochel Gelman focuses on ______, whereas Jean Piaget focused on ______. → demonstrating centration.