← Islam Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a the civil and religious leader of a Muslim state considered to be a representative of Allah on earth
- b the first month of the Islamic calendar
- c the fifth pillar of Islam is a pilgrimage to Mecca during the month of Dhu al-Qadah
- d Well near the Ka'bah in Mecca which appeared in response to Hagar and Ishmael's need for water.
- e A marriage contract that is signed by both parties binding them together for life.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- (Islam) a fast (held from sunrise to sunset) that is carried out during the Islamic month of Ramadan
- When a child finishes reading the entire Quran. Reads portion in front of audience. Similar to a bar mitzvah
- The confession of faith, the first of the Five Pillars and central creedal statement of Islam: "There is no god except God. Muhammad is the messenger of God."
- the branch of Islam whose members acknowledge Ali and his descendants as the rightful successors of Muhammad
- Foods that are permissible for Muslims to eat; includes meat (that has been slaughtered during a prayer ritual), fish, fresh fruit, vegetables, eggs, milk, and cheese.
5 True/False Questions
Hajji → Title given to man having completed the pilgrimage
Du'l Hijjia → Festival at the end of hajj where an animal is sacrificed to commemorate Abraham's attempted sacrifice of his son
Sufi → a member of the branch of Islam that accepts the first four caliphs as rightful successors to Muhammad
Islam → submission to the will of Allah
Sa'y → reenactment of the ancient story of Hager searching for water in the desert