← Psych midterm 1 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Sigmund Freud
- central tendency
- Martin Seligman
- self-referent encoding
- a mean, median, mode
- b founder of positive psychology
- c founded the psychoanalytic school of thought
- d deciding if personally relevant.
- e emphasizes unique qualities of humans especially: freedom, potential for personal growth. optimism! client-centered therapy: active, genuine. goal = understand self!
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- when researchers' expectations influence the results of the study
- knowledge is aquired through observation
- school of consciousness. evaluate the purpose of consciousness, not its specific structure. WILLIAM JAMES!!
- type of brain waves. light sleep.
- type of brain waves. deep relaxation.
5 True/False Questions
Abraham Maslow → believed in humanism -- we are not pawns of animal heritage. hierarchy of needs --> self actualized!
case study → founder of humanism
mnemonic devices → knowledge is aquired through observation
consiousness → internal/external awareness. thoughts about experiences, self
semantic encoding → second level of processing (intermediate). what words sound like.